yellow tang and lettuce.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evenings

Aquarium Advice Activist
my gf got a few leafs of romain lettuce. she read up somewhere that yellow tangs love lettuce. my Q is how long can the lettuce stay inside the SW tank? how much lettuce should i feed it?

be careful with lettuce from the produce department. they are often treated woth chemicals. Only leave it in for a few hours. I use nori and seaweed sald for my tang. I do not feed feed fresh lettuce.

I've read that even though the tang will like the lettuce it can't fully digest it properly, so your better off with, like lando said, nori or a dried seaweed

Yup, I clip a sheet of nori in my tank every evening and my Yellow Tang and Angel tear it up, side by side.
You can get it at any asian food store, or maybe your lfs. Its much better for them and your tank.

Romaine lettuce seems to be a favorite, not only the Yellow Tang, but my Lawnmower Blenny, Cleaner Shrimp, Crabs and Snails devour the pieces I attach to my "lettuce rock" with rubber bands. Broccoli (blanched for a minute or so) is a close second. Alfalfa, spinach and grean beans are not as favorite but are eaten aswell. I change it once a day and that seams to be fine. When I put Nori in, it gets all mushy and eventually disintegrates and makes a mess....

Back
Top Bottom