Yellow tang problem....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tankneebie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
For the past 1.5 years i've had a 12 gallon nano tank, and one of the first fishes put in was a really small yellow. At first i didnt know about the yellow tang and how it suppose live in big tanks. So finally when i realized it i went to my LFS and asked for a trade and the owner said yes. The problem is that my dad and I have grown an attachment to my fish. I planning to upgrade to a 55 gallon tank in january. I feel bad for my fish, but at the same time i really like this fish:rolleyes:! What should I do return it and keep it until i upgrade. PLease respond

i wouldn't even keep tangs in a 55 for too long. i would upgrade to something larger than a 55 and keep the tang till january when you do.

well, a 6' tank is what most people suggest for tangs, but a 75 gallon tank will allow you to keep it for a while. i definitely wouldn't go any smaller than 75, but if it was me, i'd look for a 125 gallon tank. whatever tank you get- make sure it's "reef ready".

Back
Top Bottom