Yellow tang red dotts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had (many years ago when advice came from LFS, pre-Internet) a Hippo in a 55g. Did okay first couple years, got HLLE after that and ended up dying. I've had Yellows (and a purple and even a Longnose Black), but always in large tanks and never had problems.

I spend a lot of time trying to convince people to really consider the tank sizes (not just for Tangs, for any fish) because almost every story you see with "my fish has a problem", involves a fish that is in a tank that is smaller than suggested. Rarely (almost never) do you see problems when those tank sizes are followed. That can not be coincidence with hundreds of cases just on this site. Too small environment causes stress. Stress is behind most fish ailments. IMO, there are always those that get lucky and beat the odds for a while, but their luck will eventually run out.

I think it is just a matter of doing all the right things in maintaining the tank. Water parameter stability is what it needs. The water temp must not fluctuate more than 1 degree. Good water circulation, enough oxygen and fresh water top off must be very slow. These are just the few things to look for. A coincedence of two Tangs being healthy in a small tank is very rare and let alone for a 4 inch Blue Regal Tang in a 28 gal . Once neglected or improper care even how big the tank is your fish will start deteriorating.

Back
Top Bottom