Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-21-2015, 11:36 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yellow Watchman Goby

I wasn't sure where to put this thread. I purchased one from online and he's very small and underfed. I also have an in tank refugium with pods and chaeto. The goby likes to jump into it and stay there even when I take him out. Will he wipe out my pods or can I leave him be? 150 gallon reef.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 05-21-2015, 11:53 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I'd want to cover the tank to prevent his jumping. If it weren't for the refugium it could be the floor.
I wouldn't expect him to be damaging to the pod population, but will likely eat some if he is underfed.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:00 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

He fits through a hole he's found in it haha. I definitely need a cover for it though. Does mesh block light significantly? I don't really want to deal with cutting glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 05-22-2015, 07:51 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I use plastic screening from BRS and buy the rest of the stuff from lowes or home depot to make screen covers for my tank. Not at all expesnive. The biggest cost is the plastic screening cause bRS charges an arm and a leg for shipping lol

I would let him stay in the refugium for a bit, maybe fatten him up. But since he is a jumper I owuld put a cover over the refugium if you can.

Tags
goby, yellow, yellow watchman goby

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com