Yellow Watchman Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TreyC2010

Aquarium Advice Regular
I wasn't sure where to put this thread. I purchased one from online and he's very small and underfed. I also have an in tank refugium with pods and chaeto. The goby likes to jump into it and stay there even when I take him out. Will he wipe out my pods or can I leave him be? 150 gallon reef.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'd want to cover the tank to prevent his jumping. If it weren't for the refugium it could be the floor.
I wouldn't expect him to be damaging to the pod population, but will likely eat some if he is underfed.

He fits through a hole he's found in it haha. I definitely need a cover for it though. Does mesh block light significantly? I don't really want to deal with cutting glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I use plastic screening from BRS and buy the rest of the stuff from lowes or home depot to make screen covers for my tank. Not at all expesnive. The biggest cost is the plastic screening cause bRS charges an arm and a leg for shipping lol

I would let him stay in the refugium for a bit, maybe fatten him up. But since he is a jumper I owuld put a cover over the refugium if you can. :)

Back
Top Bottom