yellow watchman goby / blue spotted yellow goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guitarstryng

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey all i just added a yellow watchman to my tank.... it is 20g, not very big , but all i have in there is a green chromis damsel, a small scooter blenny, and a very small y ellow clown goby.... well anyway the tank has been up about 2 months now, 1 month with fish.... all the levels seem on point, but im going to invest in better testing kits.... anyway, when i added the yellow watchman, he came out of the bag and the damsel bit his lower lip..... ever since then the watchmen has been real pissed... lol at first if the damsel went near him hed open his jaw real wide and the damsel would swim away, now they dont seem to go near eachother, but only casue the watchman all he does is hide under a little cavern i have set up in live rock... it is his spot and he doesnt move much... you think he will start to come out more?? the same goes for the small yellow clown goby, only he doesnt really hide, he just sits in a spot next to live rock.... well i hope the watchman becomes more active... id like to get a pistol shrimp in there with him, ihear they become friends, would that help? i might want to wait for my tank to mature a little more though i think.... anyway, any input would be appreciated, thanks yall

hey also the watchman seems almost to be gasping, struggling to breathe... dont really understand it... is that normal? all the other fish are doing fine

No doubt he's still stressed. I'd give him some time. Also, are you sure he's gasping? Or is he perhaps sifting sand? I used to have a watchman and got worried that he wasn't right because he kept flaring. Then noticed sand coming out of his gills. I watched for a few minutes and he was sifting the sand for food. Just a thought. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom