yellow wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danielbdn

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just added a yellow wrasse on Friday and he went back into my live rock and I haven't seen him since today is Sunday. Should I worry or is this normal for them.

From what I understand, they like to burrow and hide in the sand. I only see mine a few times a day, most of the other time he hides. (Which is a shame because he is bright and colorful.

I feed my fish every 3 days, and sometimes he misses the feeding. He seems to be doing fine, he is now learning not to miss feeding time.

No I still haven't seen him yet. I'm going to see if he comes out tonight when the lights go out. If not I'll move the rocks tomorrow.

Give him more time, do not move the rocks until he has been in there for 2 weeks. I have had wrasses hide for up to 2 weeks. Each one is different, I got a pair-1 was out day one the other in 2 weeks.

Give him more time, do not move the rocks until he has been in there for 2 weeks. I have had wrasses hide for up to 2 weeks. Each one is different, I got a pair-1 was out day one the other in 2 weeks.

Thanks, I came down to look at the tank this morning and to my surprise he was out of hiding. I had given up on him I thought he was dead.

Haha i have a yellow coris wrasse as well. Mine pretty much knows my light cycle so he comes out when the morning light is on an once my 10k's shut off in the evening he is back in the sand bed.

Back
Top Bottom