Yellowhead jawfish in my overflow.. acting weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goofyjas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I picked up the jawfish and found him in my overflow the other day, so I took him out and he kept jumping out of the tank and then back in the overflow, then when I took him out again he would swim up to the overflow and get stuck. I used a net and kept him in the net where he could get out submerged at the bottom for a few hours and he came out and has been on the bottom ever since. Has anyone had a problem like this before? Will the fish be ok?

Also it makes me want to add these http://www.dursostandpipes.com/ has anyone had any experience with these?

TIA !
GJ

Jawfish have nervous dispositions and jumping is a notorious behavior. Lucky it hasn't jumped onto the floor. Watch at night to see if any of the other fish may be pestering the jawfish. Cover the top of the overflow. That's what we do at the store when we have jawfish in any of the individual display tanks. It keeps them out of it. The yellow heads seem to be one of the most nervous of the jawfish. Try adding a new piece of rock or something for it to maybe take to. Good luck.

Well the fish has gone, I havent seen him, but I have nocited a hole under a rock.. and the sand moved so maybe he is under there.. I udno :(

I have 2 more of these coming in also! I have added the stand pipes, they are great! if you dont have them I would recommend them, costs only a few bucks to buy and well weorth it IMO

Back
Top Bottom