Yellowheaded Jawfish Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi,
I have a 50 gallon saltwater acrylic tank. In the tank I have a maroon clown fish, a Pelewensis Butterfly, a yellowheaded jawfish and a chocolate chip starfish. I have had all the fish for at least 4 months. As of the other day, my yellowheaded jawfish started eating less then usual. Also, the jawfish had been hovering over her/his hole, but has started (again as of the other day) to swim all over the tank. Is this normal behavior or do I have a problem? Please help. I am still a novice and am afraid I will always be.
Thanks
Lou

Sounds like something may have invaded it's burrow or pestering it enough to make it wander. Be sure you have no large open gaps in the top of the tank. This kind of behavior is usually followed by attempts at carpet surfing.

Cheers
Steve

IME with all jawfish is the main lights have have to be turned off slowly and moonlights are a huge help !! they will get freaked if not !! had my power go off for the 2nd time this month and the first time a jawfish jumped and never have found him :-( this time i put a candle infront of the tank by his hole and he stayed there all happy :)

Back
Top Bottom