Yellowheaded Sleeper Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nurseshark

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! Fairly new to the forum. Question about the sleeper goby, on his first day in the tank was active and fun to watch. But have not seen him for about 4 days now. All L.R. still in place and substrate does have tunnel-like areas. Is this normal behavior for this Goby? I have a 44 gall. corner pent. with 60 pounds L.R. My LFS sold this fish to my husband while I was out of town and now that I do some looking I am finding most info says hard to keep in aquarium. Does he require any speacial care?

They will burrow into the sand, and you should probably notice an area where there's a little mound of sand. He should poke his head out every now and then. From what I understand, they behave almost exactly like my yellow watchman goby, and he's been under a rock for 2 days now. He only comes out when he sees some food floating past.

But have not seen him for about 4 days now.

Check around the tank, they are jumpers. They will build tunnels in your sandbed, and the rest of the time they will happily be relieving your sand bed of infauna (their food) and then they tend to starve, most do not take well to eating in the water column. If you have a DSB, then you need to get rid of that fish (if it's not already gone).

Back
Top Bottom