Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-28-2004, 03:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to WarOrks15 Send a message via MSN to WarOrks15
Yelow watchman goby

ok when i got mine yellow watchman i was told that they were not sand shifters. well what is when i had cc in the tank. now that i have sand in the tank that is all he has been doing. did the lfs just tell me wrong. there is nothing that can go bad if he dose right? he dose not dig deep or any thing. and i do not have any stars yet. well i ahev 2 off of the live rock i got but i have not seen them in about 3 months now. i think they are still in there and are just hinding. they are only about 1.5 in accross.

Old 06-28-2004, 04:08 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

he just digging !! the sand sifters will get mouthfulls and sift thru their gills

Old 06-28-2004, 04:45 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to fishstixs05
hey WarOrks, you want to see something very cool? Get him a glass shrimp, a sybiotic shrimp. bad news, they are hard to find, I have only seen them one place, 6th avenue in SF.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
just make sure your LR is secure because there is the danger that all that sifting will cause the rock to shift and come a tumbling down!
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 07:25 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I have seen my yellow goby sifting sand thru its gills. I got mine when they where less than an inch in size and now they are upward to 3 1/2 or 4".

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 09:02 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to WarOrks15 Send a message via MSN to WarOrks15
not he runss it throgh his gills. i know he is shifting and it looks cool but i did not know that they did that. all my rock is fine i had to take out all of the cc and put in sand and i was digging under it and they did not tip over. i dont think he will be able to tip it all over. they are really big peaces that are on the bottom like 8lbs + each. and i have 3 of them on the bottom. he cant move them. but he is about 2" now.

Tags
goby

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com