Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-12-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yet another fishlist

Can anyone comment on this fish list? 75 gallon tank...

Cream angel
Flame angel
Sixline wrasse
Royal Gramma
Yellow tang
Chocolate chip starfish
x # of Cleaner shrimp
y # of Snails

Some questions:
1. How would this look for a 55 gallon tank?
2. Would the angels fight?
3. Any suggestions on the numbers x and y of shrimp and snails?

Thanks folks, you've been a tremendous help!

Drzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:56 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

You not planning on going reef? Angels and that star can give you problems. I'd also consider a mated pair of clowns.

The # of snails will depend on the age of the tank and algae growth. Ultimately, you may have 50 or more crabs and snails each. Check out nassarius vibex snails to consder with other types of snails. They work the sand beds very well. What kinda substrate you got anyway?

What's the deal with considering the 55g? Downsizing IMO that way will not support that list.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:47 PM   #3
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
I was alkso going to ask about the reef. If so some wont make it like the angesl and star
melosu58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:46 AM   #4
Thanks guys! It's fish only with live rock. It's somewhat of a practice tank, and if things go well I'll move to reef setup in a couple years. That'd be with an entirely new setup though, so I'm not too worried about the conversion to reef until it happens.

Substrate is play sand, bought at Lowe's, about 3" deep.

I put the clown in last night... my first! It was fun watching the little bugger keep swimming at the powerheads, seems to be his new hobby. I do kind of feel like he needs a friend though, seems like a lot of empty space and I'm not sure if the fish get lonely.
Drzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:47 PM   #5
Send a message via MSN to ReNNie
What type of clown?? If they are percula they should be kept in mated pairs, I heard they do better that way. I have a pair and they are fun to watch.
ReNNie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 01:43 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
i dont know what a cream angel is, but the two angels will almost certainly fight in 55 and will most likely fight in a 75. that list is snug for a 55. if you swapped one angel out with another fish you would be fine in a 75. perhaps a goby of some sort or a couple cardinals. am also of the opinion that a 55 is too small for a tang of any type. there are many thoughts on that and there are people keeping happy yellow tangs in a 55, so it can be done.

how old is your tank? if it is a new tank keep an eye on your levels to ensure a healthy enviroment for your new fish
steve r

75g RR. 2x250 14k MH / 2x54 T5 act. 29g sump. ASM G1X skimmer. phosban reactor. 80lbs LS, 90lbs LR, 2x seio M620.
kole tang, bicolor angel, mandarin dragonette, ocellaris clown / BTA , cleaner shrimp, 2x peppermint shrimp, a variety of soft, SPS, and LPS corals, orange linckia star.
steve r is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com