Yet another fuge question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noobtank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 29 gallon and I plan to add a refugium to my set up. Im going to use a ten gallon tank as a refugium. My questions are does anyone else have refugium and can i see pics. I've been searching online and all i see are pics of a sump/fuge with a protein skimmer and all that other stuff. The refugium isn't my main source of filtration so i am not goin to put all that stuff in the ten gallon. I just need some ideas on where to put baffles and how big each compartment is. Also, what is the difference between name brand water pumps like mag and water pumps from lowes. Last question how do pods get from the refugium to the display. Do you take a net and put them in there or what?

Is your refugium going to be above your tank or below? Do you have a sump? I have a sump and my refugium is next to it below the tank. Basically I pump water into it from my main system pump and it drains back to my sump. The return pump puts the pods back in the tank.

Agreed with the above. It depends on how water is getting to the fuge and back out.

My tank drains to the sump and then I have a PH that takes water from the sump and then that gravity feeds back to the sump. If my main tank pump shuts down, my fuge can stay running with no problems.

Really a fuge does not need baffles. If you have the tank draining into the fuge you will need something to slow the water down a baffle might be needed. You don't want a lot of flow in the fuge.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom