Yet another stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lynxpilot

Aquarium Advice Activist
Currently have:

-cleanup crew
-2 x ocellaris clown
-2 x pacific blue tang
-cleaner shrimp
-small carpet anemone
-small bubble tip anemone

wanting to add:

-2 x 6 lined wrasse
-flame angel
-hawaiian yellow tang
-spotted mandarin
-derasa clam
-crocea clam
-2 x more cleaner shrimp

The sum of those lists would be the last of the fish list. Intend to add extensive corals, featherdusters, and a few odds and ends later.

Tank is 120 g, 48 x 24 x 24. Refugium sump with NW200 skimmer. Lots of light.

Any obvious conflicts?

With the mandarin make sure you have had the tank established for a good long time or there won't be enough pods for it to eat. You can order pods online or get them at your LFS. Might be a good idea to add a jar of them to your fuge now to get a jump start on a good population culture.

I would also suggest that you get a mandarin that is eating prepared foods. Get your LFS to feed him so you can see. I also am wondering about 2 sixline wrasses. One is mean enough let alone two.

I would also suggest that you get a mandarin that is eating prepared foods. Get your LFS to feed him so you can see. I also am wondering about 2 sixline wrasses. One is mean enough let alone two.
The tang might eat your cleaning crew and shrimp but since you have a big tank probaly wont happen but it might

I dont know about that. Tangs are mostly herbivores and eat green stuff. I have got mine to eat mysis and brine but they have never touched my shrimp or crabs. Just my experience.

On the mandarin, upon further review, realized how difficult they can be. I've already ordered so I'll start looking for pod spikers now. Liveaquaria says vitamin enriched brine and live blackworms. Does that sound right? or would I have to entice them to eat that because it's not their natural food?

Thanks for the replies.

One other, if anybody knows, liveaquaria lists crocea as high light and derasa as moderate. Could I set the derasa up on the rocks so it gets intense light or do I have to worry about it flopping itself off?

You can try to soak their food in garlic to entice them to eat it. Most mandarins are picky about eating any kind of prepared foods. How picky they are just depends from fish to fish.

Most mandarins will only eat pods. It will be hard to get them to eat brine and worms. It can be done but make sure of the pods. As far as the clam You`ll have to "build" it in to keep it in there. They will move around.

Does anybody sell amphipods and copepods? (as in bulk critters as opposed to the little innoculation kits)

Back
Top Bottom