Yet another strange clown behavior question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 2 f. percs. in my 150 (was 4 before attack of the killer mantis), and the last few days I have 1 (the largest), that once in a while you might see it, you might not. :roll: I turn on the lights in the am and it's there waiting to be fed along with the rest of the livestock :D , but shortly after it seems ot disapear off the face of the earth (at least the tank), I have looked every where and no sign of it. Then when the lights go off a few min later it's back swimming along side of the smaller one, playing close to the coral they have adopted as home. (kinda looks like orange/green grass that floreses in the lights).

Does anyone have any idea where this little buffer is swimming off to? My wife is freaking, sh thinks it's gonna get eat by the killer mantis. 8O

I have found with my ocellaris he has a definate personality. Some days he seems very lathargic and other days he is all over the place. I really think they have mood swings just like you and I. Is it the less dominant one? I was worried about mine at times but now I realise he has good days and bad days.

Actually the more dominant one. I was wonder if it might be guarding eggs? (Yea, wishful thinking).

Maybe he has found a stash of something you don't know about :wink: An egg stash would be excellent! Maybe he is in an ongoing battle with the beast 8O

Seems to be fine when I see it. Swimming normally, eating. Just disapears for a while each day. Hmmmm maybe has a thing with the royal gramma and don't want the other clown to know about it. :roll:

lol, I'm just trying to find out where it's hiding and if there could be a reason for the strange behavior. :lol:

Negotiating a peace treaty with the mantis I would bet. 0X Either that or trying to recruit the crabs and the shrimp to form an offensive against the evil empire. :twisted:
After having clowns for over a year now, I have learned that they have some strange behaviour. Fun animals to watch. :)

Back
Top Bottom