Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-24-2005, 09:34 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Three fish in a 5.5g tank, especially when damsels are involved isn't gonna work. I'd say, get rid of the clown, damsels, basslet and angel, then you might have room for one more fish because your gonna need one big enough that it's not gonna fit in the volitans mouth when it's full grown. And then again, you'd be pushing the bioload issue.
A lion and eel will work in a reef tank but you won't have the benefit of cleaner inverts. And again, you wouldn't want another fish since in a reef, you really don't want a huge bioload or large waste producing fish and constantly battling nitrates. Corals aren't as tolerant as fish are.

Old 10-24-2005, 11:25 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

hmmm, i have plenty of inverts in my tank, they are doing a great job-got snails hermits feather duster.....wow get rid of all my fish thats crazy!!! waht bout i just keep waht i have and not do anythign think it would be on in the long run? i keep my lion and eel fed so they dont seem too agressive.

Old 10-24-2005, 11:35 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hermits and snails aren't always on the menu, any ornamental shrimp or crabs is what I meant, and they will get eaten.
I can't tell you what to do with your tank, ultimately it's your decision. Good luck with it.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:56 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

haha ok i guess imma leave it a lone no more fish!
Old 10-25-2005, 10:46 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

taking out 2 smaller fish and adding a bigger fish is not helping the bioload. Bigger fish produce larger waste loads. And keeping those fish in a 5 gal tank is no life.. More fish ='s a larger tank. If you want more fish take the Lion back...

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:05 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

haha okok im not gonna touch my tank everything is fine and balanced now im not gonna mess with it
Old 11-10-2005, 06:08 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via MSN to Jasonanatal
Take Fluffs advice. I have a Volitan Lionfish and a Snowflake Eel and a Starry Puffer in a 55 Gallon tank. It's okay now because their just littles ones but I will definitely be getting a larger tank in about 3 months. Just my excuse for my girlfriend to let me get a 150 But we really have a unique situation for the type of fish we have.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:35 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

This is what I learned from MarineAquariumAdvice.com and I'd like to share this with you:

When setting up a tank, research on the fish first. Determine which one you want, then shop for the fish tank that can fit the fish. Set it up, then buy the fish.

Most of us (I am guilty of that) buy the tank and figure out which we can fit in it (the reverse). It took 3 deaths and 4 LFS donations to reduce my population. Oh what waste of money. Poor dead specimen too on my part.

It is indeed a learning experience for me. Good luck with your 75G. Your specimen seems very colorful.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com