You wont believe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

200 gallon reef

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So listen to this story . . . . . I bought an rodi system over a year ago. I put all new filters in it when I bought it. Approx 2 months later my di is shot and I am reading 10 ppm out of the system. I know I make about 50 gallons a week so maybe it was just time. So I bought another round of filters. Same as last time about 2 months and it is shot. I talked to my lfs and said how long are these membranes and filters supposed to last? When I heard a year I said to myself something must be wrong. So I thought about it and it occured to me, I have a lot of water pressure in my house. I did some research and found that these systems are supposed to operate at about 45 psi. I bought an inline water gauge and hooked it up. . . . . . . . .
U won't believe 75 psi ! That explains it

More sage advice from another lfs.... 75psi is perfectly fine for RODI systems. Many systems even recommend a booster pump at 45-50psi or lower.
At 50 gallons a week, you're very lucky to get two months out of a DI canister. My water pressure is 80psi. My tap water is about 450TDS, my RO water is 8TDS, which is better than 98% rejection, and a standard 10" DI canister lasts me about 150-200 gallons before needing refilled.

The higher pressure actually helps your rodi system, not the other way around. I'm thinking the quality of your water is pretty bad to begin with.

I make about 60g a week and I haven't had to replace any filters yet since I bought the system a year ago. Water is testing at 5 tds out of the tap with 45 psi.

75 psi or 5.5 bar is recommended pressure. My tap is at 120 psi so I have to turn mine down. If your changing 400 gallons in two months with 450 Tds, I think that's what your going to get.

Back
Top Bottom