Your all time favorite coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that is why I like the SW tank so much. The only living things in the house that listen to me without talking back. Even the two dogs and the cat talk back to me. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield. :)

rdnelson99 said:
I think that is why I like the SW tank so much. The only living things in the house that listen to me without talking back. Even the two dogs and the cat talk back to me. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield. :)

Lol. I know the feeling. I have two dogs (a siberian husky and a poodle) and three children (one being my husband). The fish are the only peaceful thing in the house

Jlsardina said:
I want the blue reef chromis- but a school would be a little expensive. I have some blue green chromis that were 4$ each. My wallet liked them better.

Great buys. Can't wait to see them. Which zoas did you get? I have a couple of assorted rocks. My favorite zoas are radioactive dragon eyes and poker chips.

On LA they are just called "Colony Polyp, Green". They are pretty much teal/lime green in the center with a dark brown/black outside. I'm basing this off the photo online, mine haven't opened up yet.

I added my feather duster in to compare the size.

Attachments

• image-4202384137.jpg
    image-4202384137.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 84
Very nice! Zoas are fun. There are websites out there just dedicated to them. There are some really expensive ones as well. My husband wants the Miami vice and the superman zoas next.

When I get my Biocube I am ordering like 5 zoa frags on Atlantic Sea Farms haha. They are just so easy/colorful/fun.

Greenturtle said:
When I get my Biocube I am ordering like 5 zoa frags on Atlantic Sea Farms haha. They are just so easy/colorful/fun.

Yes- an added bonus to zoas is they grow super fast so you can trade frags or sell them to the LFS. Best way IMO is to put a small rock next to your colony and let them grow onto that rock. Then pull out the rock and you are done! Lol

Those are all great combos! Zoas really are a great coral, there are so many types too! :)

I love my little frag of blue snapping Xeina I can watch them for hours which means I get nothing done! lol...

img_1634151_0_8842523bc513560dcd0c010ebb4ed9d5.jpg

dreamerslegacy said:
I love my little frag of blue snapping Xeina I can watch them for hours which means I get nothing done! lol...

Cool, I also have Xenia! Thanks for posting!

That blue Xenia is very cool. Has it been spreading?

Yes its from my huge tank I have about 5 different clumps bigger than a dinner plate that I took it from and put it in my 3 gallon Picotope so its in my face on my desk all day long. I think I put it in there about a month ago and its getting alot bigger!

The blue mushroom, bubble coral, and zoas look awesome!!!

Attachments

• image-4259335547.jpg
    image-4259335547.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image-402090673.jpg
    image-402090673.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 60
  • image-2624672505.jpg
    image-2624672505.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 71
Greenturtle said:
The blue mushroom, bubble coral, and zoas look awesome!!!

You need to place your bubble's base in between rocks to really allow it to come out completely.That allows it to expand more.First picture is old one,second one show's it expanded with feeder tentacles out.It's one of my favorites..

Attachments

• image-1718406246.jpg
    image-1718406246.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 72
  • image-2842604646.jpg
    image-2842604646.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 95
Ricksreef said:
You need to place your bubble's base in between rocks to really allow it to come out completely.That allows it to expand more.First picture is old one,second one show's it expanded with feeder tentacles out.It's one of my favorites..

Yours looks fantastic also, I think I will add this one too! Thanks for sharing! :)

Bubble is my wife's favorite coral.It has so many different looks.Wish I could get a picture of it with the lights out.It gets huge then.You know they actually poop to.

Bubble is my wife's favorite coral.It has so many different looks.Wish I could get a picture of it with the lights out.It gets huge then.You know they actually poop to.

Haha! :lol: It does look really cool with its feeder tentacles out!

Back
Top Bottom