Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-13-2003, 05:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

your ideas on a fish

i was thinking of adding anouther fish too my tank mabey some kind of puffer( leaning towards) the tank is 70gallons with humu humu trigger and a snow flake moray eel, the tank is probably full with those 2 but whats your opinion?

Old 10-13-2003, 10:42 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

how big are those two?

Since you are getting limited on room and you do have a fairly aggressive tank, I would recommend a Harlequin Tusk (as long as it is the same size as your trigger) or a Yellow Tang. I would not go with a puffer but if you are dead set on getting one I would go with a Dogface or a Panda puffer.

Old 10-14-2003, 06:11 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to danamo
I've got a Harlequin Tusk now, but I've had a Dogface puffer. Personally I'd prefer a Dogface Puffer because I think they have more character. But either should be ok I think.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:54 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggers
how big are those two?

Since you are getting limited on room and you do have a fairly aggressive tank, I would recommend a Harlequin Tusk (as long as it is the same size as your trigger) or a Yellow Tang. I would not go with a puffer but if you are dead set on getting one I would go with a Dogface or a Panda puffer.
the trigger is about 4" and the snow flake is around 10"
iv see the tusk acouple of time and like them im not set on a puffer, just thought they where cool, do you think the bio-load would be a little high or the fish cramped if i put a tusk in there?
Old 10-14-2003, 09:41 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Imo you will be ok, but you will be at your limit.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:00 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tell me more about your tank....

I would go for a dog-faced puffer and do something to offset the increase in bioload like adding Chemi-Pure to your sump.... or maybe increase the bioballs (if you use them) or the LR (if that's your method)
Old 10-14-2003, 10:41 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well I have 3 tanks, 180, 75, 29.

180- currently I have a Goldentail Moray Eel, Undulated Triggerfish, and Niger Triggerfish. I use a Wet/Dry filter with a Mag 1800 pump I also use activated carbon.

75-currently I have a Golden Puffer ($270 fish but my wife had to have it ), Lunare Wrasse, and yellowtail damsel. I also use a wet/dry filter with activated carbon.

29-currently I have a Blue Throat Triggerfish, Marine Betta, Percula Clownfish, Cowfish. All of these fish are very small and very shy. I use a hang on the back filter with activated carbon.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:54 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

if your talking too me i have a 70 gal snowflake moray eel and a humu humu trigger, for filtration i have an aqua clear 300, aqua clear 150, fluval 204 and a regent power hear rated at 150gal per hour, the filter have carbon and zeo-carb and biomax ceramic tubes

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com