YOWCH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikkiheartsfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Got stung by Ritter's anemone, Heteractis magnifica, today. Right on the soft tissue on the inside of my forearm. YOWCH!!!

Well, I'm not sensitive to any animals generally.. and I can touch them with my hands without a problem. My hands are a bit tougher and can handle the nematocysts, but boy oh boy, the inside of my arm turned blotchy red and I had little whitish/pink bumps all on the inside of my arm. I applied hydrocortisone cream after running it under hot water for a bit, and the blotchiness went away but the bumps remain. 8O Felt like my arm was on fire for the longest. First time I've ever had a reaction to anything stinging me. Beware of yowchy anemones, that's my two cents for the day! :lol:

Wow, I hope you feel better! I was looking at a Hell's Fire anemone once and through my reading, they have a very nasty sting. One person said his are was still hurting after two weeks. But some are more sensitive than others.

Back
Top Bottom