YT damsel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psychocircus91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know... I know... damsels are terrors.
I'd really like to add a yellowtail damsel to my tank. I hear they are relatively peaceful in most cases compared to other damsels.

My tank is 75 gallons with
PJ cardinal
Bangaii cardinal
Foxface
Pink skunk clown
Kole tang

Does anyone have experience with a yt damsel in a peaceful tank?

I had 2 yellow tail damsel and they do not bother the cardinals and clowns. I don't think they will bother bigger fish either.

Thanks for sharing. My tank is a decent size and most people have had good experiences, so I'm hoping for the same. I have lots of rockwork as well and don't really plan on adding anymore fish unless I lose one for any reason.

I had a chromis before that didn't make it. It was a nice fish, but very humble. I like the damsel for its color.

Contrary to what most people say chromis species can be very delicate so make sure you're getting your fish from a good source.

I had 2 YT Damsels. They were terrors. They stressed my wrasse and killed it and tried to kill my goby. I had to pull out my entire landscape to get rid of them. Hopefully they will work out for you.

Do you have a scientific name? I believe there are at least 2 blue damsel fish with yellow tails that go by this name

well it was the last fish added, and it is also the smallest fish so I'm hoping for the best. So far my clown has chased him and my tang has chased him.

There are actually like 3-4 that are fairly similar looking (blue body/yellow tail).. The true yellow tail are more peaceful than just about all other damsels, but they are still considered semi-aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom