Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by daney90 View Post
Nice yumas btw Bayinaung that name sounds soo familiar. Are you a member of other forums?
Thanks daney. Yeah I'm from Toronto too, in the GTAA forum.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holygral View Post
I have had a tank full (125 g) for years and they tend to stay near the top of the tank around 6 inches, under 500 MH. But I also have them growing on the bottom of the tank, but in general they like the bright lighting
Hey Holygral, thanks for that input. boy ok. this is what I meant - seems people have had success either with low or high light and that's what got me confused.

I got a small flat piece of rock and put the yumas on the bottom at the corner with the least light. It seems to open up a bit better there. Since the place I got it from had low light I htink the dark corner will be fine and I'll move it to brighter locations eventually. I do want it on a bright rock location since, well, it's the brightest thing in my tank LOL.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

LOL yeah i'm on gtaaquaria too LOL
Old 04-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

yuma twisting on itself

Here's a pic of the yuma on a flat live rock on the sandbed. It does seem to be twisting on itself. Just an hour before this shot, it looked like three mushrooms with one that's upside down. then I came back an hour later and it looks like this - not as wide open (might be due to brighter lights) but you can stil make it how it's twisting on itself.

It looks like the yuma is trying to split into three. do I help it along (which is what fragging is right) or do I leave it alone and let it split by itself? I'm so tempted to help it split. It doesn't seem to have attached itself to any rock. What do I do?
Old 04-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Leave it alone.. Sometimes keeping your hands out of the tank is the best thing to do
Old 04-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

So I had the mushroom in a corner.. today I found one piece, looking like a completely whole mushroom, in the front of my tank, nicely open. and the other ones are all in a long stringy mess, twisting on itself, after splitting into, from what I can see, two more pieces. It's rather late now so I can't take photos anymore but I'll post them tomorrow. I don't know if yumas live on sandbeds without attaching to anything...

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com