YWG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madstyle1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone experienced a goby getting sucked in by an mp10 and killing it? Has it happen to someone or can it happen? This might have happened to me yesterday, I was pretty bummed about it.

funny you should post this.
I just watched as a shower of mini brittle star arms cascaded through my tank. I have a big powerhead on a timer, 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off, I guess one crawled in there while it was off.
But what I did was glued some screen (actually circles cut from a salvaged fluval filter basket) inside and then glued the nozzles in place over it. Has worked great, reduced the flow just enough so it's not a whirlwind and keeps my important critters from getting in there. I was terrified my pair of cleaner shrimps were going to go in there if I didn't do something.

img_3347117_0_813761633feb300dc9a1c3803a56593d.jpg

img_3347117_1_9439527dea2f3e096624d62fa6d278cd.jpg

I seriously doubt it caused the death.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Then what happen was weird then. I saw my goby under a rock all healthy sifting sand, i grabbed my skimmer to clean it about 15 mins later i came back he was swimming eradically and eyes all black and had a gash on his body. Cant figure it out

what other fish do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom