Zach's 20 gal long build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with adding mushrooms! There are so many different kinds! I have some beautiful red ones myself! :)

do you agree with my stocking plan, wait and if everything is good after a month give or take get the angel

dead shrimp is behind the rocks, what does everyone think of my setup?

if you do want an angel you can be smart about what corals you add. i have read they like soft corals and clams and the like.

i think its funny and a pain about how much more challenging sw is compared to fw when it comes down to making sure everyone gets along.

maybe its because im still new to sw but i do enjoy the learning.

zacheyp said:
ya i have 21 pounds, the pic shows on my comp

You coulda just used the LR to do your cycle. Also, don't leave the shrimp in there to long, could get toxic.

I'm on my iPhone, so probably why the pic didn't open.

i copied and pasted the pic, when would you take the shrimp out, when i see an amonia spike

zacheyp said:
i copied and pasted the pic, when would you take the shrimp out, when i see an amonia spike

Yeah, plus you will smell it... Lol...

im already smelling it, its been in 4 2 days how many more days would you leave it in, i can tolerate the smell

your cycling right? take it out!

go get some pure ammo from ace or the lfs or a janitorial supply... pure ammo. no perfumes no dies no nothing but pure ammo.

coffeetwitch said:
your cycling right? take it out!

go get some pure ammo from ace or the lfs or a janitorial supply... pure ammo. no perfumes no dies no nothing but pure ammo.

Or do what I did, just use LR. Took 3 weeks to cycle.

zacheyp said:
is the shrimp bad for cycling

Can be, get it out if it's been 2 days. Ppl use it, but IME, LR is enough. Ur safe, just check ur prams. Let us know where your at. Just heed our advice, don't wanna prolong your cycle.

you cant control the decay of organic material.

i let lr cycle mine too. and then we added fish slowly. one or two a week. nothing ever spiked doing that way. im sure that kio can report a similar experience.

so basically, i have 21 pounds of LR and n other amonia source except the shrimp (i used crushed coral) if i remove the shrimp, will my tank still cycle

zacheyp said:
so basically, i have 21 pounds of LR and n other amonia source except the shrimp (i used crushed coral) if i remove the shrimp, will my tank still cycle

Should have no issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom