Zach's 20 gal long build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zacheyp said:
would the lobster be ok with a starfish??

Did you read the response I gave you? No, sir. It isn't good with invertebrates. We give you the advice to help you out, not just to write. We really do wanna see you succeed...

i thought it would be ok because starfish live on the wall

new stocking idea
2 clowns and gramma
purple fish
tons of corals (dah!!!)
emerald or porcelain crab
lots of shrimp (coral banded and fire)
purple firefish
yellow watchmqn goby
1 other small fish

zacheyp said:
new stocking idea
2 clowns and gramma
purple fish
tons of corals (dah!!!)
emerald or porcelain crab
lots of shrimp (coral banded and fire)
purple firefish
yellow watchmqn goby
1 other small fish

I like it as is, good you ditched te lobster.

could i add the one other fish and how do you feel about the 2 different shtimp.

zacheyp said:
could i add the one other fish and how do you feel about the 2 different shtimp.

I read that fire and coral banded will get along, but dont take my word on that. I guess could add another...but i wouldnt

7 fish is WAYYYY to many. Your very overstocked with just 6. I know you want alot of fish(we all do) but you need to give these fish the best care. We take them out of the wild, the least we can do is give them a decent home. But maybe that's just me.

I would stick to 6 fish at most. What I would do with the shrimp though is get a fire shrimp, a cleaner and some peppermints. The coral banded is kinda mean and not sure if others have this problem, but I never ever see my coral banded shrimp.

Just stick to it zach. Add them slow and watch your parameters. It can be done. Just more work is all and patience is KEY. I know you have none whatsoever, lol, I don't have much either but if you want the end result of 6 fish and lots of coral then you are gonna have to get more patience. Really. Not just preaching but in the end it comes down to that. In my opinion patience is the number one thing you need to have a successful tank and all the rest is just that. Secondary.

Just trying to steer you in the right direction is all. :-D

Carey, very well said. Are these inverts compatible with each other or my fish.
2 coral banded shrimp
1 fire shrimp
1 star
a few crabs (porcelain and emerald)

You can't get two coral banded shrimp unless they are a mated pair. they will kill each other if not a true mated pair.

The crabs will get along, I have them in my 20g as well. The star I would urge you to add last if at all possible. They don't do very well in aquariums usually. I had one and it disinigrated over a few days time. It was really awful to see.....

i will get 1 coral banded, are they compatible with fire shrimp?

Me, I wouldnt mix the coral banded with any other shrimp. Maybe a bit extreme but they are known to be trouble. That's why i suggested earlier that you stick with peppermints, fire and cleaners. Those guys are all known to get along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom