Zach's 20 gal long build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can lower salinity as well. I can't remember the exacts off hand. From what I remember 1.09 but could b wrong. Do u have any corals

Ok Zack if u are truely gonna let it sit do yourself a favor and over the next 6 weeks or so scoure the internet read some books and fine tune your set-up so when you are ready to start over you will be prepared for the journey.

600+ posts on a 20 gallon, in which most posts are regarding overstocking plans & yet there are no living fish anymore? Stop. Educate. After a long while, proceed with great caution.

Start with 1 fish regardless of tank size. If it lives a few months, add another. Repeat until you think you are 1/2 stocked then stop.

condys like all nems require strong lighting. If I were u id stick with bubble tips or long tentacles tho. Clowns don't tend to attach to condys and condys barely ever stay stationary. Mines in a new spot every day almost.

can i keep other shrimp with theese guys?Harlequin Shrimp

Yes, since they only eat starfish. This makes them very difficult to keep alive in captivity.

I'm going to make a suggestion here, and you can choose to ignore it (and I may get pounded on by the regulars for even saying it). Take the next 6 - 8 weeks and stop shopping. Buy books and read them. After you've finished read them again. Stop looking at, thinking about, or making shopping lists of livestock, because quite frankly, you're not ready for this yet.

After your cool down period, go to liveaquaria and look at the section labeled SW Beginners. Pick one fish who's minimum size is 20 gallons. ONE FISH. Get that fish, either from LA or your LFS, whichever you prefer, get it acclimated in your tank. Stay like that. For 1 month, have just one fish in your tank. Keep it alive that whole time with no problem. If you manage it, go back to the SW Beginner section and pick one more, again, minimum 20 gallons.

There's a reason that these fish are in that section. They're easy to keep alive, give a lot of color and social interaction to your tank without any of the crazy nutritional needs that some of these creatures have.

Or, you can disregard this altogether, buy a harlequin, a moorish idol, an anemone, and a mandarin, and see how it goes! Choice is, of course, up to you - but for me, after many years of keeping saltwater tanks, I still very rarely even dip into the "moderate" care level fish.

good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just got a 50 dollar gift card to petco!!!!!! any ideas how i should spend it? I dont want something live cuz i dont want their icky water? I want something to improove my system. Right now on my 20 long i have 25 pounds if LR, a biowheel 150, some heater (idk what type but it works fine) 4 bulb t5h0 fixture

zacheyp said:
good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just got a 50 dollar gift card to petco!!!!!! any ideas how i should spend it? I dont want something live cuz i dont want their icky water? I want something to improove my system. Right now on my 20 long i have 25 pounds if LR, a biowheel 150, some heater (idk what type but it works fine) 4 bulb t5h0 fixture

No powerheads??

i guess that is what i should get, any other ideas, which power head(s) would you get for a 20 long

zacheyp said:
i guess that is what i should get, any other ideas, which power head(s) would you get for a 20 long

You dont have powerheads? Oh no thats a big nono. Gotta have those. At least 2 korolia 550's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom