Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-03-2011, 07:01 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Zebra Goby

Hello all. 2 days ago we purchased a Zebra Goby for out 75 gallon tank (currently fish only with live rock, will do corals a couple years down the road). I did my research on them first, but somehow missed the part that said they we're schooling fish and do best in pairs or more. We only bought one and now I feel bad for the poor little guy, but have also read that pairs should be introduced at the same time- but I cannot find any information on why. So my question is: will our 1 zebra goby thrive on its own or should we go back to the same fish store and purchase one of it's former tank mates and attempt to introduce it to our aquairum?

Besides the 1 zebra goby we only have ocellaris clownfish, 2 peppermint shrimp, and 1 snail. We just got started stocking our tank a few weeks ago.

Thanks for any advice.

amrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
I have only one Zebra Goby and she's doing fine and social with the other fish. At the same time I have 14 blue/green chromis and they're not schooling at all.

Wael El-Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote

goby, zebra

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com