Zebra Moray Eeel in my aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

athens.asad

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

I am new to marine aquariums and a fan of Zebra Moray Eeel .I am planning to set up this aquarium for few marine fishes with the eel.Where can i probably order them ? What are the best tank mates with the eel.Can i keep anemone and clown fish as well.

What size tank were you thinking? I'd do at least a 180 as these guys get big, around 4-5 feet. On tankmates I would not do anything small like clowns. Fish like triggers, bigger puffers, groupers, lionfish would make the best tankmates as they're to big or fast to be eaten.

Thanks so much , I was planning 200 gallon tank with lotza hiding places n sand . But if zebra moray is too big I think banded snake eel might be a better choice ! But can a bite from these eels be nasty while feeding?

I think you'd be ok. Just don't add many other fish. That eel has quite the bioload.

Thanks Mebidd n bettaowner ... I might think of snowflake eels only thing is I love the colour combination also of banded snake or zebra moray eels, n they are like a serpent in my reef

Morays are pretty filthy eaters, but very cool. Being near sighted can make feeding an adventure. And yes, a bite can be a big thing as it could easily get infected. Especially from a big one.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400094878.104471.jpg

That being said, I've seen a huge snowflake eel... One of the lfr I've go to has a transplant that's way bigger than the typical. I have no idea the length but it's more than 2"across...it's head is huge.

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom