Zer0's 25G Rimless Cube Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha thanks guys. I love this little guy. He's actually been chillin in the sand in both corners of my tank.

Mitch, i'm thinking of getting the blue neon goby further down the road. I think i'll just chill with this little fish for a while.

That's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure. Spawning in the aquarium is hit or miss. I had two pairs one in my main display and the other in my frag tank and both spawned. It is an interesting process to watch. I have a video of it somewhere.

Na.. no clownfish for me. They get too big in ratio to my tank. I'm not getting any fish that grows bigger than 3 inches. I know some clownfish don't get that big.. but i still don't want a clown lol.

Like what kind of pests? I actually like the inverts more than i like the fish.. so any little critters running around i'm cool with. But if they aren't reef safe then i'll eradicate them. Also.. my tank isn't that big and i want a fish that swims in the column. I was thinking maybe some type of chromis.. but still.. i'm trying to stick to some really small fish because i want as small a bioload as can be, while still being able to keep the tanks' nitrifying bacteria.

My reason being.. i'm going to be housing lots of coral and really don't want anything that could cause a real spike in my parameters. Nothing messy and nothing with a big bioload. I want the highest water quality i can get while still having fish.

You want a fish that swims in the coloum, looks good, has a small bio load and even takes care of some pests? Sixline Wrasse! I LOVE mine. :)
They eat Pyram snails that prey on clams plus any small crustacean/invert in the tank. (Sixline mouth size, not Sexy Shrimp size. :))

Chromis don't swim much. Or mine never have. They have spots in the tank they hover in and dart around to.

My Sixline constantly weaves the rocks and picks at them looking for pods etc.

Chromis don't swim much. Or mine never have. They have spots in the tank they hover in and dart around to.

My Chromis are fun to watch. They do hover some, in the middle of my tank, but most of the time they're swimming. And they kiss each other, it's way too cute. They may be fighting but I like to think they kiss :)
Also, they play with my urchin. Which I'm not too sure it's good for them to do because they get blotchy looking for a while after playing with it.

Nice Lighting unit I got the same one from FishNeedit.com as well 150W MH for my 10G nano.... I actually have a Build Thread going on over on RC...

Yeah.. the FNI pendant is awesome. Great deal since it comes with everything you need.

Just keeping record of my parameters lately.. needed a place to post them.

Ammonia : 0ppm
Nitrite : 0ppm
Nitrate : 0-5ppm
pH : 8.2 - Finally!
SG : 1.022
Phosphate : 0ppm

And a question as well.

I'm using Oceanic salt right now, and have a bit left, enough for one more PWC. I was wondering, can i switch over to another salt mix right off the bat? Will it mess with anything in my tank? And even if it does, is it better to start now before i start adding coral? I was thinking of switching to Seachem Reef Salt..

I switched over to Reef Crystals from Red Sea and didnt notice any issues. I would say its better now to switch before corals come into the tank since you will likely see differences in calcium, alkalinity, magnesium, ect. rather than risk anything.

Matt

For pwc's it really doesn't matter (usually). I also had low pH with Oceanic salt. I'm using Red Sea Coral Pro now. We all have our favorites.

Back
Top Bottom