Zer0's 25G Rimless Cube Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Come and Get it is all I have to say on the matter!
Allan, if my niece gets a teaching job in MD, I may get close enough to meet you somewhere.

Everyone else, Come to NJ. Enjoy a stay at the SHORE (it's clean), Great Adventure, visit the Statue of Liberty (it's in NJ now matter what they say), visit any of the hundreds of places that have a sign "George Washington slept here", etc. See the cannon ball mark on Old Nassau (Princeton University building).

I'll meet you in NJ with some FREE stuff!

Allan, if my niece gets a teaching job in MD, I may get close enough to meet you somewhere...

If this happens, it should be the week i'll be in town visiting. August sometime? I have to talk to pat still to iron it out.

sorry about the hijack :???:

Allan, if my niece gets a teaching job in MD, I may get close enough to meet you somewhere.

Everyone else, Come to NJ. Enjoy a stay at the SHORE (it's clean), Great Adventure, visit the Statue of Liberty (it's in NJ now matter what they say), visit any of the hundreds of places that have a sign "George Washington slept here", etc. See the cannon ball mark on Old Nassau (Princeton University building).

I'll meet you in NJ with some FREE stuff!

That would be cool!!

I'm going to be in OC NJ July 10th-17th. I've never been before and have no idea how close that is to you.

Haha no problem Ziggy. Chit chat is welcome here.

And actually, yeah, i have some pictures. Just a little though since i really haven't gotten anything new lately. Still just saving up my money.

Here's a couple pics of those unidentified polyps that i rescued from the LFS:
If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I have no clue what they are.

amxrao.jpg

jtugkp.jpg

24e5h52.jpg

6y07s7.jpg

Here's my goby foreground shot. k.

neaosz.jpg

and another:

2cicmy1.jpg

Some FTS shots:

2rdusn4.jpg

24q6zom.jpg

x1im1t.jpg

And here's my fuge. Chaeto has grown a ton since i first got it.. but i rarely see any pods or any critters. All i've got are two aiptasias that like to move around alot.

spui34.jpg

I can't tell what they are from the pic. They look a little like Zoas. The ones that are extended look like aiptasia but that is just because I can't see them very clearly. Can you get a better shot of them??

Yeah someone said zoas as well, so maybe that's what they are and they've just had it really rough and are recovering. However, i know for a fact they aren't aiptasia since they don't move at all, they don't look like aiptasia and they suck back into their stalks at night. And unfortunately, i can't get a better shot as it's in a really hard to reach area, behind my main rock structure, and also because my camera is garbo and can hardly zoom in on whatever.

Haha i thought someone might ask that, and yes i DO have it all planned out. ;D

First off, i just wanted to find a couple pieces of live rock that i could seed my base rock with. I got four pieces. Two for the sump, and two for the DT. When i was at my LFS, they stored lots of golf ball and base ball sized pieces in this bin submerged in saltwater, curing. It had been there for a very long time. I just picked up four nice pieces with coralline on it and anything else i could spot. When i got home i was just looking over the rocks i purchased and this skeleton just happened to be on one of them. At the time i had NO clue that there was still some tissue left in the stalks... but after a few days under my light i started to see these small brown, almost transparent, polyps popping out of the skeleton. Decided to flip the rock over so the entire skeleton was out of the sand. Three days later, almost all of the dead skeleton was sprouting new clear-brown polyps. So now.. they're all growing in size and are starting to gain a nice brown color with white tips. I think they're pretty damaged so it might be a while before i'm able to actually tell what kind of polyps they are, but i am 100% sure that they are NOT aipasia.

That's the story. :p

They kinda look like the brown zoas in my tank when they are closed.

Jimbo and Allan, PM with the details of your trips to the Garden State. We can make arrangements to meet. OC is just south of Atlantic City. Too bad I don't live at the shore anymore. I could have taken the boat down (or jet skiied).

Woo! New animals!

Ok, so i bought a really small sexy shrimp, thing looks awesome. Bought and emerald crab, three more hermits, since they didn't have any Astrea snails i wasn't going to buy turbos or margaritas. I also got a small frag of some neon GSP. Put it in on a rock that is isolated by sand, so once it fully grows out it should look very nice, and won't spread like wildfire.

Pictures later when i clean my tank. k.

Yeah i know! It's the weirdest but coolest shrimp i've ever seen. Why do they shake their butts like that? It's funny.

Anyways, here's teh update. Water params are still the same as they were last time i checked them, only SG is now at 1.025. Just how a like it. Getting some really decent algae growth, starting to see some reef bugs every now and then, the rescue polyps seem to be opening up more now and the other day i saw one with a dead bug in it's grasp so maybe one of them got a little snack. Not very good coralline growth yet though.. I have a couple rocks in the tank packed with coralline, but i'm starting to lean towards the PurpleUP dosing for a little why just to get the coralline to spread a bit. Nothing too crazy since i'm not very partial to chemicals.

Oh! And in my fuge, i'm starting to see an abundance of these little clear bubbles with red heads. They move around and are multiplying pretty fast since i see more every day. Nothing out of hand.. only a few of them. I think they're some sort of sea slug.. but my water must be pretty good since more of them are popping up. They're way to small to get pictures of with my camera, sorry. But they're about the size of the tip of a Ticonderoga pencil. Anyone got any ideas on what they are?

Anyways, on to the pics.

sqiibm.jpg

jh80ld.jpg

vrspd0.jpg

r0ta1v.jpg

2d8m69u.jpg

t0rnye.jpg

n64aoo.jpg

2v3lchs.jpg

2j3ph0j.jpg

sg09qe.jpg

5wz236.jpg

qyzplz.jpg

Here's Mr. Goby. You can see how concave his belly is.. :( He's been eating a lot though.. so i can imagine he's getting better. Hopefully.

2py7z9z.jpg

6t06xe.jpg

6yhcte.jpg

I would start feeding that clown smaller feedings, but 2-3 times a day, just until he fattens up a bit.
I have no idea why sexy shrimp dance, i dont think i want to know the scientific reason. To me it just looks like they are always partying.
Not too sure what to tell you on the red bubbles, never heard of something like that. Keep an eye on em.

Back
Top Bottom