Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #281
is back to save the day!

Yeah maybe i'll do that feeding regiment.. idk tho. Not trying to foul up my water. Might just keep it to once a day every day.

The red bubble things are in my fuge so i don't think they'll be bothering anything but i'll definitely be keeping an eye on them. Don't really have any coral in the tank right now.. so nothing too much to worry about.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #282
Aquarium Advice Addict

Kev, don't waste your money on purple up, all you have to do is take one of the rocks with lots of coralline and scrape it in front of your power head. This will disbust it through out your tank and you will have more then enough coralline . You might start cursing me because you will diffinately have more coralline then lyou need. believe me it works and works fast. Give it a try before you waste your money on that purple up.....This is DIY rock at one month after scraping coralline and placing it in the flow.....Notice the mini starfishes in the rock.....

Old 06-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #283
is back to save the day!

Yeah i wish it was like that.. but all the while, i'm not too sure if what's on my rocks is coralline, or if that rock is just colored that way. If you look in my most recent picture with the sexy shrimp in it, that rock right next to the shrimp with both snails on it, does that rock have coralline? I think it does.. but i'm not so sure. No cursing here either lol.. i want my rocks to be FILLED with coralline.. i love the purple look. It just looks so healthy and nice.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #284
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I also got some sexy shrimp. Just got them in this morning and drip acclimated for nearly 2 hours before putting them into my 2.5g pico with the neon blue goby. They look so neat! Shaking their rear end and all...They look alot like plant life when doing that. I would put money on the butt shaking being a disguise.

Matt
Old 06-25-2010, 05:16 AM   #285
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah that's coralline but you don't have to much. Keep your CA up and you should get some in no time,
Old 06-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #286
is back to save the day!

Small update...

Water Parameters:

Ammonia : 0ppm
Nitrite : 0ppm
Nitrate: 0ppm
pH : 8.2
Phosphate : 0ppm
SG : 1.025

My GSP's have really stretched since i got them and they are coloring up extremely nice. Full polyp extension. Just wish i had actinics.. I might get the 24" 2bulb T5 fixture for actinic supplementation from the same place i got my light and just connect the fixture to my MH pendant. Would be awesome..

Can you keep two ballasts of a different kind next to each other? Like both electronic ballasts, but ones for the T5 and the others for the MH.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #287
is back to save the day!

Yeah.. that fish i had? Dead. Haha.. oh well. There was nothing i could do. Just wouldn't eat.. or move for that matter. Waiting until i have more $$ saved up, then going to buy one centerpiece fish for my reef. Definitely not buying from that LFS again though.. think i'll be buying online.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #288
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
Yeah.. that fish i had? Dead. Haha.. oh well. There was nothing i could do. Just wouldn't eat.. or move for that matter. Waiting until i have more $$ saved up, then going to buy one centerpiece fish for my reef. Definitely not buying from that LFS again though.. think i'll be buying online.
Aww man, that sucks! Sorry to hear that as I was about to ask about him. Seems a lot of us goby people are having poor luck with gobys. I had my new yellow watchman die last week after just one day in my tank.

I wonder what is up with gobys? All my other fish are alive and well...At least for me, I got refund from the place online.

Matt
Old 07-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #289
Aquarium Advice Addict

"Can you keep two ballasts of a different kind next to each other? Like both electronic ballasts, but ones for the T5 and the others for the MH."
Yes, that would be okay. You just have to give them enough room so they have air flow around them and don't over heat.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #290
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Aw, sorry about the goby.

Tags
cube, reef, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com