Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #291
is back to save the day!

Thanks TC, and thanks Matt and Carla. It's all good. That goby was super boring anyways.. maybe because he was sick.. maybe not. Either way, i'm waiting until my tank is a bit older, and then i'm going to get a really nice blenny. Maybe a starry blenny or sailfin blenny. I just need my tank to grow more natural algae for the blennies to feed on. I know you can supplement their diet with algae waffers and other foods, but i want to make sure my tank can support a blenny when i'm not feeding it. I would rather not even feed every other day.. something like every two days.

And that brings me to my next point, since i now have no fish, can i feed my tank less often? I have an emerald crab, 4 hermits, 1 sexy shrimp and 2 astrea snails. Would it be okay to feed every two days or something like that? There's actually a lot of algae growing so i think the hermits and the snails are fine. I keep the back wall and right pane stocked with algae as i don't clean it with the mag float.

What's the census hear people?

P.S.

I love my tank. Everything is going the way i planned it to and now i'm seeing all sorts of things in my tank and fuge. Some wierd slug looking bubble, huge copepods, small pods, a big aiptasia chillin on my return pump lol.. and tons of other critters too. It's great. Also, those red worms? I think they were larvae stage tiger pods, since i can't really find any more of them and there's TONS of uber small pods with little tails cruising all around my glass and rocks. It's cool.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #292
Aquarium Advice Addict

Feeding every two days is a good idea for a tank without any fish. you could even go every three days and that would be good to. Just not to much food...

Old 07-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #293
is back to save the day!

Alright, thanks for the confirmation. I just wanted to get some input on the subject before i went ahead and starved out my whole tank.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:52 AM   #294
AA Team Emeritus

I feed every couple days with fish. You'll be fine. Make sure you feed the sexy or they might snack on any soft coral you have.
Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #295
is back to save the day!

Hmm.. well now that you mention it.. my GSP have been pretty beaten up lately and i see the sexy on top of the frag all the time. Maybe he's hungry. Hope he didn't destroy the coral. If the purple mat of the GSP is still in tact, can it grow new polyps?

I guess i'll still keep feeding every two days. I was feeding every other day when i had my goby. But he's dead.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:23 PM   #296
AA Team Emeritus

I would get something like Hikari's jumbo mysis, and just defrost one or two of those and lower them down to your sexy to munch on. They have a hard time getting general food added.
Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #297
Aquarium Advice Addict

If only lthe purple is showing then your gsp must be either irritated by the shrimp or something else is bothering it.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:03 AM   #298
is back to save the day!

Yeah thats what i figure...

Here are my params so i hardly think its my water.

Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 0ppm
Salinity: 1.025
pH: 8.2
Calcium: 480
KH: 9
Phosphate: 0ppm
Old 07-13-2010, 04:19 AM   #299
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
Yeah thats what i figure...

Here are my params so i hardly think its my water.

Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 0ppm
Salinity: 1.025
pH: 8.2
Calcium: 480
KH: 9
Phosphate: 0ppm
IDK. It might be the water unless perfect is not good enough.:p

I know you lost the goby a while back but don't write off a LFS over one bad fish. I have wanted a diamond goby forever and would not by one because I thought it would starve. I saw about 30 go through my LFS before I found one that ways eating frozen plankton the day after I got him in. he is doing great and is nice and fat. he fights my yellow tang for food

I think some good LFS get a bad rap because some people got one bad fish. everyone must remember that buying saltwater fish also envolves observing them at the LFS and making a good decision. Mosts LFS absorb ALOT of die off.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:49 AM   #300
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to harmy4993
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdaniel2882 View Post
IDK. It might be the water unless perfect is not good enough.:p

I know you lost the goby a while back but don't write off a LFS over one bad fish. I have wanted a diamond goby forever and would not by one because I thought it would starve. I saw about 30 go through my LFS before I found one that ways eating frozen plankton the day after I got him in. he is doing great and is nice and fat. he fights my yellow tang for food

I think some good LFS get a bad rap because some people got one bad fish. everyone must remember that buying saltwater fish also envolves observing them at the LFS and making a good decision. Mosts LFS absorb ALOT of die off.
lol the lfs get blamed for everything. ich...lfs fault, fish dies lfs fault. bad advice lfs fault. not saying its never true, and not saying thats not the case with the goby but is funny how no one ever takes blame for fish getting sick or fish dying. its always the lfs or something else.

this is just a general statement not aimed at anyone

fan of http://www.reefcleaners.org/
harmy4993 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cube, reef, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com