Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-27-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
is back to save the day!

Zer0's 25G Rimless Cube Reef

New build thread! Finally!

As some of your already know, i was up and down constantly on what tank to use, and what lights to get, etc.. But i finally made a decision about a week ago, and now the results are in:

I'll be using a 25G Rimless Cube with the dimensions of 18x18x18, and turning it into a full reef. Softies, shrooms, zoas, LPS, SPS and one clam, most likely a maxima. I'll also be getting a 150w MH pendant.. but i'm still debating over getting the 150 or the 250. We'll see what happens.

As for the tank, i bought this as a Mr. Aqua tank from marinedepot, and i got it shipped to my door for under 100$.. and that's pretty amazing. The tank is really sturdy, the silicone job is way better than what i was expecting, and the edges are all perfectly aligned. Only thing.. they claim to use "high clarity" glass, but it's not starphire so i wasn't expecting anything spectacular and i was right to assume so. This glass looks the same as any other AGA standard aquarium. But i have no problems with that.. i didn't buy it for the high clarity glass. I would recommend this tank to anyone, and i would definitely buy it again. It was made very well, but i haven't water tested it yet so i'll do a full review later. Overall, the tank is awesome, and it's a heck of a lot bigger than i expected, which is good. So without further a due, here are pictures of the tank. Please excuse my bad camera skills.. :p

Here's one with flash:

Regular Shot:

Here's a comparison shot of the tank and my bed:

And so that's all the pictures for the tank,

Here's the rocks i'll be using, but i might be selling them and buying new base rock from marcos rocks, or another place that sells really nice base rock. Looking for online vendors that sell nice rock, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Here's the rocks i have for now, roughly 80lbs of fiji. You can see my toes too.. lol:

And here's the equipment i got for the 25G. It's a koralia 1, a koralia nano, and a rena smart heater(150w). I'll be running two heaters if this one doesn't cut it all the way, and the other one is a TopFin 50w heater. 200w worth of heaters should do the trick.. I threw into the picture a 30lb bag of aragonite just for fun.. but i'm glad for a 1.5" deep sandbed, it's the only bag i'll be needing.

Alright, so that's all for now, but i'll try and keep this thread updated as much as i can, but i can't start fully spending most of my time working on it until school is over, in about 4 more weeks, so that's not that long. But i'll be working on the rock structure during the next few weeks, so i'll keep you guys updated on that as much as i can.

Thanks to all for reading!

Old 03-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
Algae Fighter

Send a message via MSN to JustOneMore20
Yay!!! Glad to see you are starting your new tank already! I'll be tagging along because I know it's going to be awesome.

That tank is sweet. I'll have to check those out at marinedepot for maybe a future tank.

JustOneMore20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
is back to save the day!

Haha thanks! For under 100$ shipped, you honestly can't beat the deal. The quality of the tank is great and the price was great too. Certainly glad i bought it.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Looking forward to watching your progress.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Awsome. Were did you get the tank from? I like it better then i thought and i might get it because i have room next to my 75g. I was gonna use my 20g tall.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Subscribing to this form. +1
Old 03-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #7
is back to save the day!

Thanks for tagging along guys.

Etunes, i got the tank from marinedepot.com It's a Mr. Aqua 25G Rimless Cube. I love this tank and it's dimensions are perfect. The craftsmanship of the tank is great as well.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:57 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

did you get a stand?
Old 03-27-2010, 08:00 PM   #9
is back to save the day!

Nope. I'll be making my own stand. I already have all the wood, i just can't start building it until school is over.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:05 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to Aquarium1
Following along

Aquarium1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cube, reef, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com