Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh where Oh where can I find Ziggy's Pictures?????????????

There are pictures posted through out this thread. I have a couple of other threads out there that have pictures in them as well. If you click on my profile and look at the statistics tab you can find all threads started by me. There is a thread that is pretty much all pictures of my original 72g tank before the upgrade.

Update!!

Well the corals I got into the tank over the weekend are looking great. All but 2 of them are SPS corals and I'm thinking that I'm going to go 90% SPS this time around. I have a surprise coral waiting for me at the LFS that I will pick up this weekend. I've been trying to get ahold of this thing for almost a year now and I finally have it!!!!!

All polyps are extended better then I have ever seen them. My ORA Blue Tort is looking incredible. The ORA Chips Acro is happy as can be and the Roscoe's is looking good too. The 12 corals I picked up several weeks ago at Fins&Feathers are really starting to pop! One of them was not looking so good in the frag tank but a lot of that had to do with the lack of lighting. The frag tank was so crammed that it wasn't getting good lighting. I have it in the 120 now and the color is coming back with a vengence. My duncan has about 14 heads now and the 2 largest ones are about 2" across. I'm going to have to do some research on how to frag it propperly.

The only coral that isn't doing so well is my ORA Tri-color Valida. I'm not sure what the deal is but it isn't coloring up and the polyps aren't out much. I have several frags of it so I'm hoping they all turn around and get happy again.

The new coral that I picked up over the weekend (monti of some kind) is looking amazing. I've had several people tell me it is Undata but I don't know. What ever it is I'm thrilled with it. I hope it grows like mad and covers the rock it is on.

I'm going to get back in the tank this weekend and get the rest of the corals in place and hopefully get all the fish in as well. I have to do some major cleaning on the frag tank as it is not looking so good. The corals are ok but the glass is not so nice.

In a couple of weeks I will have a new offering of frags for sale in the classified section so stay tuned.

Pictures pretty please. If you could also inclue names with the pictures that would be great. I'm trying to start seperating out all the different kinds of sps's in my head.

I have not taken any pics of the tank. I'm still getting through the diatom mess from the new sand and I'm battling a bit of cyano on one side of the tank. Nitrates jumped back up to 30. I'm going to do another major water change this weekend. I'm also going to do some cleaning. My skimmer needs to come out and get rinsed.

I should have the fish and all of the corals back in the tank this weekend. I'm going to BRK to pick up an ORA coral they got for me. I'll try and post a pic of it tomorrow.

Today I'm going to be finishing up the trim on the stand and getting it puttied so I can get it painted.

I've noticed that ORAs website does not have a lot of their new corals listed...or at least the ones I see at my LFS aren't there...

Oh and BTW it is the Red planet that I'm getting. I've been wanting to get some red in the tank for a long time and this is the perfect solution. I'm not crazy about the price but oh well.

if I read correctly....you just got some red in your tank...(cyano)LOL good luck...and get that tank clean.....I want some pics as well

if I read correctly....you just got some red in your tank...(cyano)LOL good luck...and get that tank clean.....I want some pics as well

The red I have right now is cyano and not a good red! The Red Planet ended up getting sold before I got there. I have one on order. The guy that set it aside for me for got to let everyone else know it was mine. Not a big deal really. They will get me another one.

Ziggy,

London here!
What a story, I've read the thread from page 1! Its gripping. Sounds like you've nailed it this time.I'll look forward to seeing the new pics.

All the moving about between tanks, and you only lost one fish. If i sneeze near my tank i have a whitespot outbreak......

Anyways, nice one Ziggy and Wife!

Ziggy,

London here!
What a story, I've read the thread from page 1! Its gripping. Sounds like you've nailed it this time.I'll look forward to seeing the new pics.

All the moving about between tanks, and you only lost one fish. If i sneeze near my tank i have a whitespot outbreak......

Anyways, nice one Ziggy and Wife!

Thanks for the kind words! Great to see some more folks from across the pond joining our community!

The powder brown was probably my fault. I messed with one of the rocks in the pond and knocked a few over. I didn't realize she was dead until I was putting things back in the tank the next day.

Welcome to AA!!! If you have questions or need anything on the site please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for the kind words! Great to see some more folks from across the pond joining our community!

The powder brown was probably my fault. I messed with one of the rocks in the pond and knocked a few over. I didn't realize she was dead until I was putting things back in the tank the next day.

Welcome to AA!!! If you have questions or need anything on the site please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Im actually close to giving up on my mini reef tank. Had two white spot outbreaks, lost many fish. I've been keeping tropicals many years, upgraded to marine about 7 months ago. All was going well 5 months in, when i added a baby Regal Tang... Hello white spot! Lost the regal, lemon peel angel, blue damsel ( not so sad ),and a common clown. So thats all the fish apart from a Citreon Goby. In round two I lost two more clowns.

The tank is more stable now though. Im still planning a softwater cardinal tetra planted tank. I'll miss the marines though... i just dont have the time to set it up properly.... **** work.

ha, sorry about the ****... I meant, my work takes up alot of useful fish time.

Only 25 Gallons
T5
Ehiem Ecco Canister
Deltec mce300 Skimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom