Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it looks pretty good there Allen. I am sorry for all your issues, but it seems you've got them all taken care of now, and isn't building it all up supposed to be the fun part?

I think it looks pretty good there Allen. I am sorry for all your issues, but it seems you've got them all taken care of now, and isn't building it all up supposed to be the fun part?

Had I not gone through 2 cracked tanks I would say yes building it up is the fun part. However with all the coral I lost because of it I have to say that I look at the tank cautiously everyday. Every morning when I get home the first thing I do is check for leaks. I guess that will go away after a while but so far I haven't really been able to "enjoy" this process.

I know what it will look like so that keeps me going.

Just for a reference point here is one of the last FTS of the 72 before the upgrade.

1011460smallzq8.jpg

As you can see there is a long way to go before the 120 looks as good as the 72 did. I'm doing things a little different this time around and picking corals that are more obscure and unique. The only catch with that is they are a lot more expensive. Oh well you have to do something with your money right? I still have my standbys the teal acro that was giant I have several pieces of that coral. I also have the monti caps from the 72 though only frags of them. The only large coral I have left (SPS) is the Pink Pocillapora and it's not looking so great. Oh well you live and learn. The 120 will far out shine the 72...it will just take 8 months to a year to get there.

If it helps, I'll sacrifice by returning the 72 to you in trade for your 120... you know, that way you don't have to wait so long.

Neilan, this is one heck of a sacrifice! Maybe a poll is in order?!?!?! LOL!

Me? Being Funny?

Look, I'm just trying to help - you know, return the favor for all the help you've given to me. Ease your pain and suffering a little bit maybe, that's all I'm trying to do here.

Careful what you wish for neilanh. You might trade him for an upgrade and end up with a ton of cracked tanks. LoL ziggy might pass on his tank crack curse. Tank looks real nice ziggy. I'm sure your frags will grow out big and beautiful in no time.

Here are a few more pics....random just some pics of the corals in the tank....quality isn't that great but oh well.....

1011961smallou9.jpg

1011964smallpj2.jpg

1011963smallvk3.jpg

1011960smallom4.jpg

1011972smallfc4.jpg

1011971smallco6.jpg

Your tank looks great Ziggy. I really like the way you've got the rock work scaped out. I look forward to seeing how things grow out in a few months. :)

Thanks. Things seem to be settling down now. I have to get another bucket of salt today or tomorrow. I have been doing weekly PWCs to get things back to normal. I still have a little cyano, I'm not to worried about it though I'll have it gone in a couple more weeks. My Macro has had substantial growth in the last couple of weeks. I guess it is sucking up those nitrates and excess nutrients like mad.

My ORA Blue Tort is bluer then I have ever seen it. I'm not sure if it just likes the place it is in or what but it looks amzing. Originally I had planned on keeping most if not all of my Zoas out of the display. I was leaning towards doing a Zoa tank, but my son intervened and now I have zoas in the 120. He said those corals needed a nice home too and they should be in the big tank. So I'm a sucker for my kid. Now I have decided to take one of the larger rocks in the display and cover it with a lot of different zoas. I have 3 different zoas on it now and will had several more.

My Ricordeas are doing great. My wife got me into them and I'm starting to really like them. I've been trying to find some really interesting rics. They are not easy to find and when you do find them they tend to be expensive.

The fish are all doing well so far. The clowns have taken to the anemone after being away from it for a couple of weeks. The copper banded butterfly is hunting pods. Having no fish in the tank for a few weeks helped the pod pouplation.

All in all things are going pretty well.

good to hear. I really like ricordea florida. Unfortunaly you see a few common color paterns and i have those already. When ever you do fine ones that are different you have to pay a ton for them which kinda stinks but they are worth it. Very cool looking and vibrent colors.

your tanks are amazing ziggy. some of the best i have seen. you seem to have the magic touch with sw.

I like the acans but the ones I like are WAY out of my price range. The chalice are nice but I'm not really crazy about them....maybe eventually I'll have some but not yet.

I dont have any chalice either, I had one acan frag that was nice but died. Are you any closer to picking up the Red Planet? I am anxious to see what ORA releases on October 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom