Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-19-2008, 10:04 PM   #201
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy953 View Post
I ended up loosing my Tri-Color Valida, The large Green Monti cap, my ORA Yellow Bottle Brush, the new Blueish Acro colony, the dark green Monti cap, the large colony of ORA Pink Birds Nest and parts of the Orange Monti Cap have died. Thankfully I have frags of all the corals that I lost except the Blueish Acro and the Bottle Brush.

So far the only fish I know for sure that I lost is the Powder Brown Tang. I haven't seen my neon goby so I'm still hopeful.
That absolutely stinks!!

Hey Mrs Ziggy.....I have a husband who would like to join the AA support group....LOL

Old 07-20-2008, 01:14 PM   #202
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Thanks...we are getting through it though....

Old 07-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #203
AA Team Emeritus

Coming along nicely. Sorry to hear about the loss of your parent colonies. That really sucks. At least you have the frags to grow them out again.

My two pink birdnest that I got from you are growing like crazy. The others are slower and keep getting knocked over by snails. I moved all my turbos to the sump, but some of the astrea's are big enough to do the same....

Good luck with getting the rest of the work doen today.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #204
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Thanks!

I have decided not to do anything with the tank today. Tomorrow when I get up I'll work on getting the fish in the tank. I have to go to work this afternoon so I don't want to get in the middle of something and not be able to finish.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:58 PM   #205
AA Team Emeritus

I hope you enjoy your brief break. Spend some quality family time (the family that reefs together....<lol>).
Old 07-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #206
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Ziggy953's_Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBeanCtr View Post

Hey Mrs Ziggy.....I have a husband who would like to join the AA support group....LOL
LOL, I'll let you be the first to know.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #207
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Ziggy953's_Wife
I felt SO bad last night when I got home. Allen had done so much work with putting the corals in (UGH and how he got the top off all by himself I will never know). I guess if I had been home we could have gotten all the fish in there to. :-( But I had to go to my nephew's birthday party (However, I DIDN'T make Allen go to the birthday party with a BUNCH of screaming Kids! - See SUPERWIFE) and I stayed to help my sister clean up the mess.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:21 AM   #208
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well the plan is to get the fish in the tank and the rest of the corals when I get up in a few hours. Just got home from work a little while ago and can never seem to get right in the bed.

Anyway I'm going to work on getting the rest in place and doing a water change. I put 64g of new SW in the 120 when I set it up so that was a heck of a change but I think another is in order. My skimmer has been working over time since the disaster. I'm having to dump it 2 times a day. I am skimming wetter then normal so that has a lot to do with it.

All of the Zoas that I put in the tank opened right up and look great. For some reason the lighting looks 10x better on this tank then it did on the 72. My guess is it's because all the light is going into the tank. I lost a lot of light because of the bow on the 72 because of how the canopy was built. I really built it for a standard tank. All in all I'm very pleased with the 120, everyone says they like it better then the 150 I think they are just trying to make me feel better.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:40 AM   #209
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy953 View Post
Just got home from work a little while ago and can never seem to get right in the bed.

All in all I'm very pleased with the 120, everyone says they like it better then the 150 I think they are just trying to make me feel better.
I worked 3rd shift for 5+yrs and could not come home and go straight to bed, I had to wind down. Then I would also catch myself on the computer "winding down", then would wake up an hour or so later when I was falling out of my chair, lol. So in the summertime especially I would just stay up and get things done till at least 3pm then get up at 10pm. The key is deff consistency.

I like the new tank, the other one was nice also, it just looked too tall to me(but heck what do I know,lol). I think they both are equally nice
Understanding the basics will let you make informed decisions on what advice to follow, and what advice is just plain hooey!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:47 AM   #210
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I don't really work 3rd shift. Sundays I work 3:00pm to 2am Monday - Wednesday I work 7:00pm - 5:30am I'm the only person that works that schedule. I don't think it's really considered 3rd. Our 3rd starts at 1:00pm and get's off at 11:30pm. I'm the odd ball. I don't mind it though I've been doing it for nearly 4 years now and I've gotten used to it. Sundays mess me up a little though I get home so early I can't seem to get right to bed. The rest of the week I go straight to bed so I can be up by 11am and get to work on things around here.

Truth be told I like the 120 better then the 150 also. The height was nice but a little much with the way my stand is. I built a taller then normal stand and it made the total height right at 80" which is too high.

Closed Thread

Tags
build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com