Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #341
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Not a good idea to have any kind of tang in that small of a tank...they need much larger tanks to do well...that is probably the reason behind the ich...the angle should be in a larger tank as well.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:35 PM   #342
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Yeah, I think that was the problem..... Not to worry. My cardinals will be more happy than the tang.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:49 PM   #343
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

***Update***

Well I am pleased to say that the diatoms have finally burned out and the sand is on it's way to being populated with those nice little warriors.

The cyano that popped up a week ago is about finished as well. PWCs and reduced lighting got them under control. I'm not surprised I had an out break with all the reworking of the sand and rock. Thankfully I have a large enough system that the effects were minimal. I've got a lot of coral to get placed in the tank still. I'm not rushing things. I want to make sure I think things through in the placement.

All in all the corals that are in the tank are looking great. The color on my ORA Blue Tort is bluer then I have ever seen it. All those frags I picked up from Fins & Feathers a couple months ago are looking GREAT!! There is one that I hope grows super fast it is awesome. Pale green with neon blue polyps. If I had a better camera I'd get a pic posted of it but the camera I have just doesn't do it justice.

I picked up some new ricordeas for my wife last weekend and they are looking very nice. I should have grabbed more of them. BRK has/had a ton in and for a great price.

Someone asked me for so Macro algae...if anyone is interested in some I am going to need to trim in a week or so. Let me know if you are interested and it will be yours free, just cover the shipping cost.

Nothing else major to report as of now. I'm working on getting ahold of a new frag tank. I'm not sure if the deal is going to come through yet or not but we'll see.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:45 PM   #344
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to pat8you
I can't remember which thread i saw it on but i remember you were considering the lumenbright reflectors? Did you get those or are you still considering them?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:56 PM   #345
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I have them already..I just haven't rebuilt my canopy to house them....
Old 09-18-2008, 07:45 PM   #346
Aquarium Advice Addict

ahh ok. do you have a PAR light meter?
Old 09-19-2008, 01:02 PM   #347
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat8you View Post
ahh ok. do you have a PAR light meter?
I do not have a PAR meter but I have access to one. I'm not that concerned with the PAR values. I'm going to reduce the photo period of the tank to 2 hours (MH) per day when I install the Lumenbrites. I have read some horror stories of people not adjusting their photo period with these things and bleaching their corals.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:12 PM   #348
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah i was more just curious if you were going to do a before and after kinda thing. Just to see how much of a difference they make compared to the old set up. You bought just the reflectors and are still using your existing bulb/balst and stuff right?
Old 09-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #349
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

That is correct. I'm not going to upgrade to 250s like I had planned. There is a guy that has a 180 with 3 175s and the lumenbrites and his par readings are amazing even at the bottom of his tank. I'm going to have the bulb 16" off the surface of the water as compared to the current 10". This should help on the heat issue. From the before and after pics I have seen, I'm confident that this will make a huge difference in my tank.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:01 PM   #350
Aquarium Advice Addict

haha well i'm excited to see the new lights. Try not to brake any more tanks so you can start working on that canopy

Tags
build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com