Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-24-2008, 04:58 PM   #371
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Here are a few more pics....random just some pics of the corals in the tank....quality isn't that great but oh well.....

Old 09-24-2008, 05:00 PM   #372
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your tank looks great Ziggy. I really like the way you've got the rock work scaped out. I look forward to seeing how things grow out in a few months.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:02 PM   #373
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Thanks Cindy! I'm looking forward to getting things completely stable again. It's getting there.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #374
AA Team Emeritus

Looking good!
Old 09-25-2008, 03:03 PM   #375
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Thanks. Things seem to be settling down now. I have to get another bucket of salt today or tomorrow. I have been doing weekly PWCs to get things back to normal. I still have a little cyano, I'm not to worried about it though I'll have it gone in a couple more weeks. My Macro has had substantial growth in the last couple of weeks. I guess it is sucking up those nitrates and excess nutrients like mad.

My ORA Blue Tort is bluer then I have ever seen it. I'm not sure if it just likes the place it is in or what but it looks amzing. Originally I had planned on keeping most if not all of my Zoas out of the display. I was leaning towards doing a Zoa tank, but my son intervened and now I have zoas in the 120. He said those corals needed a nice home too and they should be in the big tank. So I'm a sucker for my kid. Now I have decided to take one of the larger rocks in the display and cover it with a lot of different zoas. I have 3 different zoas on it now and will had several more.

My Ricordeas are doing great. My wife got me into them and I'm starting to really like them. I've been trying to find some really interesting rics. They are not easy to find and when you do find them they tend to be expensive.

The fish are all doing well so far. The clowns have taken to the anemone after being away from it for a couple of weeks. The copper banded butterfly is hunting pods. Having no fish in the tank for a few weeks helped the pod pouplation.

All in all things are going pretty well.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #376
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to pat8you
good to hear. I really like ricordea florida. Unfortunaly you see a few common color paterns and i have those already. When ever you do fine ones that are different you have to pay a ton for them which kinda stinks but they are worth it. Very cool looking and vibrent colors.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #377
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to harmy4993
your tanks are amazing ziggy. some of the best i have seen. you seem to have the magic touch with sw.
fan of http://www.reefcleaners.org/
Old 09-25-2008, 04:31 PM   #378
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion

Ziggy, did you ever get into the Acans or Chalice? Like the ricordeas they can also be very colorful but expensive.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #379
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I like the acans but the ones I like are WAY out of my price range. The chalice are nice but I'm not really crazy about them....maybe eventually I'll have some but not yet.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:43 PM   #380
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion

I dont have any chalice either, I had one acan frag that was nice but died. Are you any closer to picking up the Red Planet? I am anxious to see what ORA releases on October 1st.

Tags
build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com