Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-25-2008, 07:05 PM   #381
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I have one on hold at the LFS still. I'm not sure if I'm going to pick it up tomorrow or not. I have several other things I need to get. Salt and a couple of heaters. I'm down to 2 and that makes me nervous. I have at least a couple more weeks before we fire up the wood stove and the house can get rather cool. My water temp was down to 76.8 today so I had to dig out one of my old heaters to help out.

I'm going to the LFS tomorrow, so we will see what I come home with. It all depends on what he has in stock.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:05 PM   #382
Aquarium Advice Activist

Wow! So I just read through this entire thread and I cant even belive it all. You have gone through so much and your tank looks amazing! I must say this thread has further inspired me to want to have a saltwater tank. Unfortunately my finances dont support it now...so perhaps a nano reef!

Great looking tank, it was well worth all the work!

Old 09-26-2008, 08:54 AM   #383
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjg04 View Post
Wow! So I just read through this entire thread and I cant even belive it all. You have gone through so much and your tank looks amazing! I must say this thread has further inspired me to want to have a saltwater tank. Unfortunately my finances dont support it now...so perhaps a nano reef!

Great looking tank, it was well worth all the work!
Thanks!

It has been an interesting ride these last several weeks.

Small in the SW world does not equal easier. If you are wanting to get into SW go as large as you can. Larger tanks are much easier to maintain and keep balanced.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:01 PM   #384
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well after much debate I decided today to pick up a wrasse. I really wanted to get a Leopard but they didn't have any. I started looking at the other wrasses BRK had in stock and I found one that caught my eye. I've looked at them before and I know a lot of folks have them on the site. I just haven't seen one that caught my attention like this one did.

So....here is my newest addition to the tank

McCoskers Flasher Wrasse. And a neon goby to replace the one I lost in the tank disaster. Plus my son was with me and wouldn't let me get a fish for me unless he got one too.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #385
Sliced Bread

Nice pickups.

Aren't kids great?!
Old 09-26-2008, 02:20 PM   #386
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Thanks. Well I have wanted to replace the neon goby since I lost it. BRK hasn't had any in stock the last couple of times I've been there. They had them today so I decided what the heck. I also picked up another bucket of salt. I have lots more water changes to do over the next few weeks.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:51 AM   #387
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion

Do you keep some type of cover over your tank or are those species of wrasse less jump out of water prone?
Old 09-29-2008, 02:43 PM   #388
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

My canopy covers the tank for the most part. They way my T5s are across the back of the tank it would prevent the fish from getting out...but I guess it is still possible. I do not have any cover on the tank. I've thought about putting egg crate but I just don't know....
Old 09-30-2008, 04:53 AM   #389
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hey Ziggy, I hate to ask a noobish question, but where did you learn to do all the plumbing, CL system stuff? Is there an article here somewhere that details how to do it all?

I eventually want a 120 gallon tank as well, but I wouldn't even know where to begin!
Old 09-30-2008, 09:43 AM   #390
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is a beautiful wrasse! Congrats.

Tags
build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com