Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #461
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat8you View Post
If your house ever gets robbed and all thats missing is frags and corals you should definitely not follow the trail of drip marks... they will certainly not lead back to me.....

Great pictures. tank is really starting to look nice again.
Hmmm.....I may have to invest in a Frag Security Device. I'll have to think on that a bit.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:56 PM   #462
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to intimatecple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy953 View Post
I'm going to have to post something in the classified section soon. I've been working on the frag tank and making more frags. It will be time to clean house soon!

Or you could goto the frag swap on NOV 1st. Long drive I am sure!!!

PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE!!!!!!!

Old 10-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #463
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I would love to but...
Old 10-25-2008, 10:57 PM   #464
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to intimatecple
I could always turn my house into a Bed and Breakfast as I am only 1 hour away from the swap !!!!! LOL !!!!!! The wives and kids could go shopping at the King of Prussia (read expensive) Mall!! ROFLMAO!!
Old 10-26-2008, 01:20 PM   #465
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by intimatecple View Post
i could always turn my house into a bed and breakfast as i am only 1 hour away from the swap !!!!! Lol !!!!!! The wives and kids could go shopping at the king of prussia (read expensive) mall!! Roflmao!!

lol
Old 10-26-2008, 01:26 PM   #466
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well I braved the rains yesterday and went to a couple of LFSs in the area. I stopped by BRK but didn't pick anything up there. They were having a 2 for 1 sale but I just didn't see anything that I had to have.

So...I pressed on in the rain and traffic and found my way to Fins & Feathers in Ashburn. They are in the middle of a complete rebuild for their SW and FW systems. The new SW system is going to be pretty impressive and should be complete in about a month. They are going to have 2 coral flats 8'x3' with a lot of fish tanks.

I managed to pick up a few corals. I'll try and get some pics of them posted soon.

Oh. Pat tell your brother I got some of those Zoas he picked up off of ebay. A cluster of 15 polyps for $5. They are awesome!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:56 PM   #467
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Just wanted to chime in. I read this entire thread. From page 1. Many of your posts, i reread.

I appreciate someone like you who takes the time to document every aspect of a project, even one that goes terribly wrong several different ways.

I'm planning a FW plywood aquarium in the 150+ gallon range, and you're my motivation to make sure I get exactly what i want, and get it done the right way.

Never done anything with SW and i feel it's out of my league currently, but your tank is severe motivation and I'll definitely use your pics to coax my wife into jumping on board. Or else she can move out ty for the info, pics, lessons and humility. It was a fun read and informative doesn't even BEGIN to explain. I'll stay posted for months to come, i'm sure.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:13 AM   #468
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoogieLV View Post
Just wanted to chime in. I read this entire thread. From page 1. Many of your posts, i reread.

I appreciate someone like you who takes the time to document every aspect of a project, even one that goes terribly wrong several different ways.

I'm planning a FW plywood aquarium in the 150+ gallon range, and you're my motivation to make sure I get exactly what i want, and get it done the right way.

Never done anything with SW and i feel it's out of my league currently, but your tank is severe motivation and I'll definitely use your pics to coax my wife into jumping on board. Or else she can move out ty for the info, pics, lessons and humility. It was a fun read and informative doesn't even BEGIN to explain. I'll stay posted for months to come, i'm sure.
Thank you for taking the time to read through my thread. It was with folks like you in mind that I decided to document every step of the way. I wanted to share my experiences, both good and bad, so people could learn from my mistakes and improve on my triumphs.

I'm in the middle of a little crisis unrelated to the aquarium but being handled via the aquarium so my updates will be few right now. Things will settle down and I'll be back in force.

I have a lot of things to work on in the tank as well as some serious cleaning of my sumps. I plan to take pictures of that process so people can see what that is all about. I need to take my skimmer apart and clean the pump as well. Performance is lacking a bit right now.

Again thanks for taking the time and I'm glad you were able to learn something.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:22 PM   #469
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

First I want to say thank you to everyone that bought corals from me and everyone who offered prayers and kind words. We have managed to get through the crisis and I was able to keep my tank. I ended up selling off most of my larger colonies as well as all of the ORA corals I had, except the Hawkins.

I just got finished working in the tank and getting all the remaining frags placed. My Zoa rock is looking good and when they grow in and together it will be awesome!

I have a ton of small SPS frags all over the tank now and I'm looking forward to seeing how things grow. The only large colony I was able to keep was the Pink Pocillipora. Nobody seemed to want it. Oh well that is fine with me as it is a nice looking coral.

I'm going to get some pics of the tank as it is now but I'm going to wait until tomorrow. Right now the water is a little cloudy as I stired the sand up in a couple of areas cleaning the glass. I'm pretty pleased with the way things look right now but time will tell on what I have to move.

Again thank you for all the support and kind words. You guys are great and I appreciate you!
Old 11-07-2008, 11:26 PM   #470
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's awesome Ziggy. Shame you had to go through this but corals can be replaced. At least you were able to keep the tank. I'm sure it won't be long before you get it back to it's original splendor.

Tags
build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com