Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-12-2008, 12:01 PM   #41
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I have to finish drilling the holes in the tank for the closed loop. Then I have to make a trip to lowes for some more plumbing supplies to plump the overflows into my sump and fuge. I've ordered a new Retrun pump a MAG 36 that will be here next week. I'm planning on splitting the flow from the 36 to run both the new 150 and the 55g frag tank. I'll be using a 900gph pump for the closed loop but that wont go in for another week or so. I'm putting shut offs on each of the holes so they wont be a problem.

I'v got to get the new rock that came in yesterday, right before I had to leave for work, washed and ready for the tank. I'll get some pics of the rock posted in a little bit.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #42
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Ok boys and girls! I have all three holes drilled made a trip to the LFS and Lowes....We are still working on things. Right now my wife is rinsing sand and getting it ready for the new tank. I'm draining the old tank. It's going to be a long night. Here are a few pics to tide you over.....

New Rock...My wife rinsed it off and it is now in SW....

Me drilling the tank. No comments...thank you very much! LOL

My little helper keeping the bit wet

My wife putting the last bulkhead in

All Three bulkheads in place

The inside view of the bulkheads with LocLine in place..

Just because he is the only one that will fit in the tank

Well we have lots to do and lots of updates....got to get back to work...oh and while I was at the LFS I picked up another ORA frag....a nice Chips acro...I'll post pics of that later...

Old 07-13-2008, 12:08 AM   #43
Sliced Bread

Real progress! Congrats!
Old 07-13-2008, 12:57 AM   #44
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion

Things are coming along nicely, I look forward to the next updates.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:33 AM   #45
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well we have almost everything out of the 72 and into the pond and totes....Still a lot of work to do yet. I'm going to be up for a while......
Old 07-13-2008, 01:34 AM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy953 View Post
Just because he is the only one that will fit in the tank
I'll say it looks pretty well stocked at this point, lol
Understanding the basics will let you make informed decisions on what advice to follow, and what advice is just plain hooey!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:24 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Ziggy953's_Wife
If you can't tell from my screen name thing I'm Ziggy's Wife.
So, we were up last night- scratch that THIS MORNING, until sometime after 3 am! We still haven't got the 150g up yet but we got up this morning and worked on it some more, well Allen did - it was the plumbing stuff and well that's his job.
I took a few pics of stuff last night (but he'll post them later).

Oh and you have to see the coral he got me yesterday at Blue Ribbon Koi, I'm not sure what's it's called something chip I think! I fell in love with it but the big one was about $100 and well you know how that goes. Ziggy told me I couldn't get it at "least not today." We were just getting ready to pull out of the parking lot and (Knowing my husband) I said to him "Don't you think it would be a better idea to get an extra diamond bit just in case? I mean if you don't use it you can always bring it back and I would hate for things to halt because of something like that." So he listened to me and went in and got another one... AND A FRAG OF THE CORAL I LIKED! SCORE! Oh, and he got me this REALLY COOL Ric last week, it's pink and the little bumpy things are bright green (my two fav. colors)!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #48
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well...The primary plumbing is complete. I have the closed loop plumbed to shut-off point and it will stay like that until my pump comes in for it. The overflows have been plumbed into what I'm calling my drain manifold. All 4 drain lines are flowing (1") into a 1.5" pipe that runs the length of the tank. I have 8 T's in the manifold 4 where the drains from the overflows connect and 4 that are pointing down for the drains to run to various points in my sump. I have pics off the progress to this point but for some reason I can't get the pics to upload to Imageshack.

Right now my entire reef is in a 90g pond. I have tons of flow and heaters going to keep things nice and happy. So far everything looks fine. The fish are out and about checking things out and even the RBTA is puffed up and looking good. First thing in the morning I will be putting the 150 onto the stand and finishing the final plumbing.

I'll try and get some more pics posted when I get home...
Old 07-13-2008, 03:02 PM   #49
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Ok so I got a couple of pics to upload. Here is what the plumbing looks like.

Also the hood sitting on top of the tank and how it looks. Ignore all the crap ontop...it is serving as a work surface....LOL

The shut-offs you see are for the closed loop. Each of the drain lines will have a shut-off as well, they will be below the manifold. I will probably come of the manifold with a 45 and then another 45 to add a little extra room.

Another shot of the same thing.....
Old 07-13-2008, 03:44 PM   #50
Sliced Bread

If you're drilling the tank anyway for the CL, why not for the overflows too? Just don't want to put a dursto in the tank?

Closed Thread

Tags
build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com