Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ive built rigs since i was like 13.

currently running an xfx build , gtx295 with a coolit freezone elite w/c and 10 fans.

14°C with FZE on 100%. perfect for clocking. never tried SLI though.
got it all in a coolermaster cosmos s. its a monster.

more on topic, lol, keeping an eye on this thread ;)

This thread is pretty much dead. Ziggy will be setting up a 29g nano with LED here in a couple weeks. You can expect a new build thread when that happens.

Okay, where to begin...

Ziggy, this thread has taken me just over a week to read, and, of course, has been quite the roller coaster. You have inspired me for my future tanks in many ways, as well as given me great ideas.

I'm quite new to the hobby, just over two months in, but loving it so far. I just had my first fish loss earlier today; came home from work and my Gold Stripe Maroon Clown was gone. No carcass inside or outside of the tank, nothing. Quite baffling. So, I'm even loving it to the extent that I have finally been inspired to make serious plans to go back to school so I can get away from my dead-end retail job. My new major? Marine biology!

I unfortunately will be a budget builder for a long time to come, so I won't be able to have all the cool stuff. Either way, I will enjoy the heck out of my 75 reef when my girlfriend and I get it built!

So, sorry for all your losses along the way, thanks for the insanely interesting read, for learning the hard way for us and sharing your learning experiences, and inspiring all of us!

I can't wait to follow the new thread!

Side note: I also found it highly amusing that you guys started talking about my other forte towards the end here: PC building! I have the NZXT. M59 as well, lol.

Okay, where to begin...

Ziggy, this thread has taken me just over a week to read, and, of course, has been quite the roller coaster. You have inspired me for my future tanks in many ways, as well as given me great ideas.

I'm quite new to the hobby, just over two months in, but loving it so far. I just had my first fish loss earlier today; came home from work and my Gold Stripe Maroon Clown was gone. No carcass inside or outside of the tank, nothing. Quite baffling. So, I'm even loving it to the extent that I have finally been inspired to make serious plans to go back to school so I can get away from my dead-end retail job. My new major? Marine biology!

I unfortunately will be a budget builder for a long time to come, so I won't be able to have all the cool stuff. Either way, I will enjoy the heck out of my 75 reef when my girlfriend and I get it built!

So, sorry for all your losses along the way, thanks for the insanely interesting read, for learning the hard way for us and sharing your learning experiences, and inspiring all of us!

I can't wait to follow the new thread!

Side note: I also found it highly amusing that you guys started talking about my other forte towards the end here: PC building! I have the NZXT. M59 as well, lol.

Thanks for taking the time to read though the thread. I'm glad that it is still somewhat active so people can learn from my mistakes. There were a lot of ups and downs in my journey but I wouldn't trade them for much of anything. I learned a lot and made some great friends along the way. I've been absent the hobby for a little over a year now and I've gotten the itch again! Congrats on going back to school!!

I am leaving town tomorrow for a short trip, when I return the build on the nano will begin. I've gotten some great ideas from Jimbo and his success in building an LED system for his tank. I'm under pressure to start the tank up so I guess August is going to be my month to begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom