Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-17-2009, 10:25 PM   #621
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to pat8you
i like those acans nice colors

Old 01-17-2009, 10:34 PM   #622
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Thanks Pat! They were FREE!! Buy one frag get one free. I wouldn't have gotten them otherwise. Not a big fan. They are for my wife she likes them.

The small frag of zoas are rather interesting they look very much like a zoa I can't find a pic of. They are really cool...I don't have a cam that will show them....There are 5 different types on that small frag....gonna split them up and frag a few of those others before putting them in the reef.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #623
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to pat8you
Yeah it always drives me crazy trying to take pictures of my tank. No matter how nice of a camera you have it seems you can never capture the true color or beauty of corals. Haha although that may be because i don't know how to use my camera very well. Nice pick ups though. If i'm ever around virginia i'm going to have to stop by your LFS you guys always come back with nice stuff.... and while i'm there i will pirate your frag tank as well! YARG
Old 01-17-2009, 10:44 PM   #624
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

No need to pirate...I'll load you up!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #625
Aquarium Advice Freak

Pretty!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:08 AM   #626
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Thanks for the kind words!

This weekend...boy do I have a lot of work to do. I've got to finish designing the new canopy. Oh I bet I haven't said a thing about this have I?

Ok. Last week on my local reef club message board a guy was selling 2 icecap 250w MH ballasts. I just happen upon it and couldn't resist with the price. I've had plans to upgrade to dual 250w MHs since I went with the 120g tank. The opportunity popped up and I jumped on it!

So, since I have learned the hard way over the last 2.5 years that my canopy was not the best idea I've ever had I'm going to redesign it and start from scratch. After I get it drawn up and figured out I'll post some details on what I'm planning.

I've got to get the frag tank finished up. The sand is in and everything is settled back down. I MUST get the egg crate in the tank and all the corals fragged up and on plugs. My clowns have laid eggs so I'm just waiting on this nest to hatch before messing about in the tank.

The mini-LFS trip Neilan and I took last weekend netted me several new corals that need to be placed in the reef. I've decided to frag the zoas before doing this so I have some growing in the frag tank. My wife has claimed the acans as I expected her to do. I'm not a big fan and I really got them for her anyway. One of the frags of Zoas I got has 5 or 6 different kinds on it so I'm going to seperate all of them so I can get them growing. There is one polyp of this GIANT paly that I've never seen before. I'm hoping it will grow quickly.

That's about all I have for now.

Oh yeah...We have pretty much decided to split the anemone this weekend. When that happens I will be doing a video to post on youtube. I'll make sure to put a link on my thread so you guys can see how that goes. I actually talked to the guy that my anemone came from and he told me not to worry, they are very tough and I'll do just fine...and he offered a replacement if I do kill it. I don't want to kill it but I think I'm going to give it a shot. It will only be cut in half. I'll keep one in the main and one in the frag tank. The one in the frag tank will be my "propogation" anemone.

More to come....
Old 01-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #627
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to intimatecple
Sounds like a busy weekend. Have fun and good luck with all of it!!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:46 PM   #628
Aquarium Advice Regular

I was looking at icecap ballasts, since they seem to be high end ballasts, but whoooa...they are not cheap. Gonna hold off since I wont need them right away and stick with the T5s for a year. The never-ending upgrade pocess. Good luck with the RTBA split.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:46 PM   #629
Aquarium Advice Freak

Good lUck!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #630
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripseven View Post
I was looking at icecap ballasts, since they seem to be high end ballasts, but whoooa...they are not cheap. Gonna hold off since I wont need them right away and stick with the T5s for a year. The never-ending upgrade pocess. Good luck with the RTBA split.

Icecap are pricey but they are one of the best options out there. They offer incredible customer support, they really stand behind the products they sell. I'm not getting brand new ballast, these are about a year old.

There is nothing wrong with T5s, I use them on my system as well.

Closed Thread

Tags
build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com