Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #861
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I'm still not sure that it has actually split. It may just be stretched behind the rock and sticking out bot sides. I guess time will tell.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #862
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Beautiful tank Ziggy!

Old 05-21-2009, 06:37 AM   #863
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2009, 06:29 AM   #864
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion

Im sure the answer is probably somewhere in these 87-pages, but I figure it would be quicker to just ask. Which salt mix are you using these days? I just picked up some Tropic Marin Pro Reef, but dang, I may want to see if somebody else has luck with something that costs a little less.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:10 AM   #865
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well 5 hrs 2 pots of coffee and the feeling like i just finished a good book, i have read 87 pages of thread. i came to the site to do some research on a 12g nano tank and ended up with an allnighter all i can say is wow. do you ever go back and look at the first pics you took of some of the coral you have? its absolutely amazing the growth and how little time i mean really its not years its maybe a yr. i can say that im very excited to start a system and i dont even have a tank yet. i do think im going to start with a nano tank first. i very much enjoyed the thread and all the pics and the trials and tribulations you have endured in the prossess of this hobby, the dedication you have is very inspireing. If anyone ever wanted to start a SW they deffinetly need to read this thread to make sure they are serious about doing this. thanks for the good read
Matt
Old 05-25-2009, 04:17 PM   #866
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryshark View Post
Im sure the answer is probably somewhere in these 87-pages, but I figure it would be quicker to just ask. Which salt mix are you using these days? I just picked up some Tropic Marin Pro Reef, but dang, I may want to see if somebody else has luck with something that costs a little less.
I've used several different salt mixes over the last couple of years but I always end up going back to Reef Crystals. I started out with Instant Ocean and eventually changed to Reef Crystals.

I believe I will stick with RC from here on out.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:22 PM   #867
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhart032 View Post
Well 5 hrs 2 pots of coffee and the feeling like i just finished a good book, i have read 87 pages of thread. i came to the site to do some research on a 12g nano tank and ended up with an allnighter all i can say is wow. do you ever go back and look at the first pics you took of some of the coral you have? its absolutely amazing the growth and how little time i mean really its not years its maybe a yr. i can say that im very excited to start a system and i dont even have a tank yet. i do think im going to start with a nano tank first. i very much enjoyed the thread and all the pics and the trials and tribulations you have endured in the prossess of this hobby, the dedication you have is very inspireing. If anyone ever wanted to start a SW they deffinetly need to read this thread to make sure they are serious about doing this. thanks for the good read
Matt
Matt,

I appreciate you taking the time to read through my thread. I hope you will learn from the mistakes I made and improve on the things I do that work. One thing I can say for sure is this hobby is a constant learning process. There are a lot of ways to do the same thing and you just have to find the one that works best for you.

Take some time and read through the article section of this site as well. There is a lot of great information available that will help you get things going on the right foot.

I do occasional go back and look at the pics of corals and the tank in general to see how things are progressing. I literally have thousands of pictures of my tank. I always photograph a coral when I first get it so I have a record of what it looked like to start out. Over the course of the first several months I will take weekly or biweekly pics of the same coral to see how it is growing. If I were to post all the pics I have it would double the length of this thread.

Again thanks for taking the time to read and make sure to ask lots of questions!! We are all here to share our knowledge and help you along the way!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:38 AM   #868
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy953 View Post
Matt,

I appreciate you taking the time to read through my thread. I hope you will learn from the mistakes I made and improve on the things I do that work. One thing I can say for sure is this hobby is a constant learning process. There are a lot of ways to do the same thing and you just have to find the one that works best for you.

Take some time and read through the article section of this site as well. There is a lot of great information available that will help you get things going on the right foot.

I do occasional go back and look at the pics of corals and the tank in general to see how things are progressing. I literally have thousands of pictures of my tank. I always photograph a coral when I first get it so I have a record of what it looked like to start out. Over the course of the first several months I will take weekly or biweekly pics of the same coral to see how it is growing. If I were to post all the pics I have it would double the length of this thread.

Again thanks for taking the time to read and make sure to ask lots of questions!! We are all here to share our knowledge and help you along the way!
WOW is all I have to say, what an incredible journey. It's inspirational and the best education I've received to date on SW. I'm in the process of setting up a 120 i bought 3 days ago SW, progress is slow but steady. I would like to reach out to for your help when the time comes. I was going to build the stand but purchased the cheap one from perfecto (rated for the 120)after your experience, doing it this way increased the warranty from 1 to 20 years on the tank which is cool, I'm going to customize the appearance to suit me and not mess with the structure. Best of luck, I'll be checking back for any updates.
Talk to you soon, and thanks again for sharing your experience it is a must read for anyone getting into the hobby.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:57 AM   #869
Aquarium Advice Addict

I was caught up with your journey i forgot to let you know that is one awesome tank.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:23 AM   #870
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoST View Post
I was caught up with your journey i forgot to let you know that is one awesome tank.
Where has Ziggy been the past weeks, its not like him to not respond to a message? Anybody know? I hope all is well.

Tags
build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com