Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #81
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well everything is running now. I have the tank completely full all fish corals and other stuff are now in their new home. I have to hook my other return pump up and get the max flow I can for now. The water is cloudy as to be expected but everything looks pretty good. Even the RBTA is out in full force. The fish aren't sure what the heck happened but they will get used to it. We weren't able to create the "two" mountain look in this tank. We have so much height that we had to build a large rock structure to get my SPS higher in the tank. I'm pleased with how it looks, for now... I'm sure we will redo some of it as the water clears and we start to really look at things. I have a ton of zoas on the sand bed right now we just don't have time today to get everything placed. I have to work tonight and then I'm off for the rest of the week...I'll get things looking better after the water clears up and I let the skimmer run for a while. BTW it went nuts when the water started pouring into it from the tank. I'll probably have to dump the cup before I leave for work.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:49 PM   #82
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well here is a FTS after the canopy went back on and the lights fired up.

A little closer to the tank.

The water is cloudy and I'm only running one of the overflows and one return pump right now. I have some more work to do to get things fully functioning. My skimmer is going nuts. I have a ton of coral to put in place and probably some rock to move around a bit. I think we are pretty happy with how it turned out though. What do you guys think?

Old 07-15-2008, 08:08 PM   #83
Aquarium Advice Addict

its looking awesome Ziggy! the RBTA is very vibrant still yet! Love the coperband as well. Cant wait to see it after it clears
CTR
Old 07-15-2008, 09:52 PM   #84
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion

Looks really nice... good work. Thats too bad about the Powder Brown. I have a PB also and I would hate to lose it. I'm sure you already have a replacement fish in your mind. Is that right, if so what is it?
Old 07-16-2008, 01:20 AM   #85
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to pat8you
Job well done looks great. Will have to see everything in a couple days when things are settled down and the tank is clear
Old 07-16-2008, 08:32 AM   #86
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Well gang...disaster strikes....I got a call from my wife at 4:30am this morning while I was at work. The tank drained to less then half. I got home as fast as I could and started taking everything back out of the tank. I have all my fish and most of my corals in the frag tank right now. All of the rock is back in the pond. I'm getting ready to take all the sand out of the tank.

As it turns out the bottom of the tank is cracked from one end to the other. I have no idea what happened or why but the 150 is shot.....
Old 07-16-2008, 08:57 AM   #87
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
Oh man...what a bummer. That sucks.

But...look at the bright side. You got the tank for free and now you can get your 210
Check out The build project
Old 07-16-2008, 09:06 AM   #88
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

LOL...After this ordeal I am very close to getting rid of everything....

For now all my stuff will go back into the 72....after that I don't know what I will do...I'm a little down at this point and I have 150g of water all over the floor.....
Old 07-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #89
Aquarium Advice Freak

oh man... that REALLY REALLY sucks....... wow..... if its any consolation you have all the stands and canopies and everything else... a new 150 is only about $350... i know right now you dont wanna buy one but if you have all the tools in place for the 150 its not a huge expense to get a new one... i really feel for ya dude... what do you think caused this? was the tank defective from the get go or did it have something to do with the stand or the rock? man your head (and your feet) must be swimming right now
Old 07-16-2008, 10:06 AM   #90
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I believe we caused it when we put the tank on the stand....after we got it up and on to the stand we shifted the tank and I think that put stress on it. I'm not 100%sure but I think that is what caused it. The crack runs from the left front corner in an arch over to the right front corner. My wife and I talked about it and she told me to do what I want...so I'm going to start looking for a new tank...I have a ton of work to do when I get up...(I work nights so I haven't been to bed yet) I have to get my skimmer plumbed into the frag tank and running and I have to do a water change on the frag tank. All those fish and corals in a 55...whew....Hopefully I can locate a tank quickly and get started again! This time it will be reef ready no matter what....I'm not going to settle especially if I have to buy a new tank. I'm not sure I will go with a 150 again maybe drop back to a 120, not quite as tall...I don't know yet but I will keep you guys posted...

Closed Thread

Tags
build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com