Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is an ASM G4X recirulating skimmer. It's supposed to be for tanks in the 300 range, but probably more for my size system about 220g total. It's doing a great job getting the gunk out of the water I'm pleased. I had it on the 72 as well but it never pulled much out but I think that had to do with I did a lot of PWCs and didn't have as nasty of water as I do right now.

Well all of the rockwork is done. I think we are happier with the outcome this time around then the last. I'm having to drain off a little bit of water to reduce the amount of water in the sump.

All in all it looks pretty good. Tomorrow I'll sit down and put together a list of everything I lost in this adventure....

I'm going to post a pic of the tank with the hood on and the lights fired up before going to bed...

OK guys so BEFORE Allen tries to take full credit for it I'm going to let you all know...
The rock placement THAT'S ON ME! He put it in there but I handed it to him and told him where to put them and how. I SOOOOOO KICK BUTT at Aquascaping (SP?) - Well at least the rock part. GO SUPERWIFE! Although he is better at the placement of the corals. My goodness we make a GREAT TEAM!

Oh and I really wish I would have thought to drink Jager Bombs ALL the other nights we stayed up to the wee hours of the morning, ESPECIALLY the night of the Tragedy!

SO, now I'm all REALLY wide awake and just a little buzzed and of course we are just about done for the night. UGH, I'll never get to sleep and I'll STILL be dragging tail tommrow. Oh or Maybe I'll just stay up and put all the corals in the new tank while Allen sleeps LOL J/K!

The finished product without all the corals and fish....I'll post more pics tomorrow I'm just too tired to keep going tonight..

1011688smallto3.jpg

how many total tanks do you have?

and ... what is the status with the inundation? still smelly?

We have the 120 main reef now, a 55g that is plumbed in with the 120 as a frag tank. I have a 10g tank with one damsel in it. A very bad damsel. I have a 55g FW tank that I just sold. And the 72g bow that is now sold also. When everything is said and done I will have the 120 and the 55g frag tank and that is all.

The smell is gone....

We did epoxy several of the rocks together. The corals will be going in the tank this evening and I will take some pics of it.

Hey I just wanted to say this thread was very exciting, sorry about all the trouble you had with the break.

I am new to the hobby myself and have been looking for a good forum to start getting active in.. i think i found it!

Btw the new 120g tank looks amazing, great work on the aquasculpting.

Hey I just wanted to say this thread was very exciting, sorry about all the trouble you had with the break.

I am new to the hobby myself and have been looking for a good forum to start getting active in.. i think i found it!

Welcome to AA! I'm glad that you have joined us. The folks here offer great advice in a family friendly manner.

Thanks for the comments! The aquascaping is all my wife. I just put the rocks in the tank she tells me where.

Thats great.

My wife has started to get active in my aquarium as well. She was dead set against it at first. Nice when the whole family gets involved.

Once again keep up the great work!

Welcome to AA! What we have learned with this project is DON'T put a glass tank on foam and make sure that all the bottom edges of the tank are on a FLAT surface!

Oh Thanks for saying the aquasculpting looks amazing! I'm SO PROUD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom