Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #941
Aquarium Advice Regular

ive built rigs since i was like 13.

currently running an xfx build , gtx295 with a coolit freezone elite w/c and 10 fans.

14°C with FZE on 100%. perfect for clocking. never tried SLI though.
got it all in a coolermaster cosmos s. its a monster.

more on topic, lol, keeping an eye on this thread

Adam
Old 07-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #942
AA Team Emeritus

This thread is pretty much dead. Ziggy will be setting up a 29g nano with LED here in a couple weeks. You can expect a new build thread when that happens.

Dorm Pico Tank
Old 07-26-2010, 04:19 AM   #943
Aquarium Advice Regular

Okay, where to begin...

Ziggy, this thread has taken me just over a week to read, and, of course, has been quite the roller coaster. You have inspired me for my future tanks in many ways, as well as given me great ideas.

I'm quite new to the hobby, just over two months in, but loving it so far. I just had my first fish loss earlier today; came home from work and my Gold Stripe Maroon Clown was gone. No carcass inside or outside of the tank, nothing. Quite baffling. So, I'm even loving it to the extent that I have finally been inspired to make serious plans to go back to school so I can get away from my dead-end retail job. My new major? Marine biology!

I unfortunately will be a budget builder for a long time to come, so I won't be able to have all the cool stuff. Either way, I will enjoy the heck out of my 75 reef when my girlfriend and I get it built!

So, sorry for all your losses along the way, thanks for the insanely interesting read, for learning the hard way for us and sharing your learning experiences, and inspiring all of us!

I can't wait to follow the new thread!

Side note: I also found it highly amusing that you guys started talking about my other forte towards the end here: PC building! I have the NZXT. M59 as well, lol.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:36 PM   #944
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo1K9 View Post
Okay, where to begin...

Ziggy, this thread has taken me just over a week to read, and, of course, has been quite the roller coaster. You have inspired me for my future tanks in many ways, as well as given me great ideas.

I'm quite new to the hobby, just over two months in, but loving it so far. I just had my first fish loss earlier today; came home from work and my Gold Stripe Maroon Clown was gone. No carcass inside or outside of the tank, nothing. Quite baffling. So, I'm even loving it to the extent that I have finally been inspired to make serious plans to go back to school so I can get away from my dead-end retail job. My new major? Marine biology!

I unfortunately will be a budget builder for a long time to come, so I won't be able to have all the cool stuff. Either way, I will enjoy the heck out of my 75 reef when my girlfriend and I get it built!

So, sorry for all your losses along the way, thanks for the insanely interesting read, for learning the hard way for us and sharing your learning experiences, and inspiring all of us!

I can't wait to follow the new thread!

Side note: I also found it highly amusing that you guys started talking about my other forte towards the end here: PC building! I have the NZXT. M59 as well, lol.
Thanks for taking the time to read though the thread. I'm glad that it is still somewhat active so people can learn from my mistakes. There were a lot of ups and downs in my journey but I wouldn't trade them for much of anything. I learned a lot and made some great friends along the way. I've been absent the hobby for a little over a year now and I've gotten the itch again! Congrats on going back to school!!

I am leaving town tomorrow for a short trip, when I return the build on the nano will begin. I've gotten some great ideas from Jimbo and his success in building an LED system for his tank. I'm under pressure to start the tank up so I guess August is going to be my month to begin.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:39 PM   #945
AA Team Emeritus

anootherrrr trip!
Dorm Pico Tank
Old 07-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #946
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I know I know...don't worry though...I'll make time for you when you are in town, I promise!
Old 07-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #947
AA Team Emeritus

Should we close this thread?
Old 07-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #948
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I see no reason to close it.

Closed Thread

Tags
build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com