Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good. Are you going to be epoxying or attaching your rocks together at all since you will have some pretty high formations or just going to stack them carefully?

We will be epoxying some of the rocks together. I will have some large formations and I don't want a rock slide...Right now we are just trying to get the tank filled and get it running through the sump again....It's about half way filled now.

I just put a Nanostream in the tank to get some water moving around...the water is cloudy which I expected....

I'm really enjoying this thread and watching your progress. What type of epoxy do you use for the rocks? Just the regular Home Depot marine epoxy or the stuff suposedly designed for saltwater aquariums? I have 30lbs of base rock to add to my tank scheduled to be here Wednesday and I was thinking about using epoxy when I re-aquascape.

I use AquaScape made by Deltec. It's a two part putty style epoxy that is purple in color so it blends with coraline algae already on the rocks. It works very well for holding rocks together as well as keeping corals in place (provided they are attached to plugs).

Z-Spar and Devcon are very strong industrial epoxies. You're more likely to break the rock than get it off once dry ;)

Here is where we are at this point. I put the top on the tank and fired the lights up to help heat the water back up. My heaters are working over time! I don't have enough time to get everything out of the pond and into the reef so it's just base rock in there right now. I'm making more SW and will finish things up tomorrow. The fish and corals will spend the night in the pond once more.

Tank with canopy on top
1011655smallky8.jpg

Closer view
1011654smallyv6.jpg

Good progress. It's funny to me that the tank is taller than you are. haha

Sorry, guess that wasn't nice, was it?

It's looking good. Have you moved all of your corals into the pond as well, or are they residing in your frag tank? I got to thinking how you would do this, keep them from getting crushed during the transition period and all.

Here is a pic of my reef in the 90g pond.

1011642smallzc2.jpg

That is the pic of the entire contents of the 72 in the pond...fish, corals, rocks, snails and even hermits.... some of the corals went into the frag tank but it was rather full to start with. All of my new ORA corals went into the frag tank to keep them under good lighting...

That is going to be one awsome tank when you are done. Great job and thanks for posting all the photo's.

Thanks! If it doesn't kill me first! I still have a lot to do to finish it up. The new pump will be in on Thursday so I will have more work to do then.

thats awesome cant wait till its finished

Thanks! I can't wait until everything is back in the tank and not in several different containers...

Nah, I'm expecting him to say he'll be done by the weekend, in which case I will respond with "sounds like you're free to help me this weekend then!"

:ROFLMAO:

I had better be done before this weekend gets here! I'm taking Wednesday night off because of another project that requires my attention! That project has to be done this weekend too. One of these days I will actually get some rest on a weekend....

The water is cleared up nicely and we are getting ready to work on getting the rocks in place. LOTS of rock...

I'll post some updated pics along the way...

We are almost there....The rock is in most of the corals and the tank is almost full...Man what a lot of water.

On a sad note I lost 2 animals in the transition. My Powder Brown tang got crushed by a rock in the pond and my CBB Shrimp didn't make it. I'm not so upset about the CBB shrimp.

I'll get some pics posted soon....still have a lot to finish up...

sorry to hear about the losses man... im wondering how long that tank takes to fill up with a python... probably takes awhile

I've had to fill it slowly because most of the water I'm using to fill it is coming out of the pond where all my corals and fish were so I couldn't drain it all at once. I've made nearly 100g of new SW to help with that. The final 32g is heating up now. I'll probably have to do a major PWC this weekend so that will be another 64g of water...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom