Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHA I just read your post on your stand you recently posted. Wow you arent taking any chances are you. Granite! NICE!!!

I have not gotten the camera yet. I'm planning on do that later this week. You can be sure that when I get it this thread will know!!!

If you have one in your area, 300 Ritz camera locations are going into liquidation before they close... they may be worth a look-see for good prices.

wow i just spent the last 2 weeks reading this thred and i got to say u gave some great advice thank you for all the pics. your tank is so pretty

Yes I did!!! I got it last Friday. I went with the Nikon D60, it came with the 18-55mm lens and I'm currently shopping for a nice macro. As matter of fact I was looking at the pics I have taken and figuring out which I want to post. I'll have some of them up in a little bit...

Ok...Here are some pics with the new D60. I have a lot to learn about DSLRs so...

dsc0057medium.jpg

dsc0051medium.jpg

dsc0050medium.jpg

dsc0032medium.jpg

dsc0026medium.jpg

dsc0019medium.jpg

dsc0012medium.jpg

I love when the RBTA bubbles up like that especially it being that big looks freakin Nice.... :) Oh and Nice Pick up on the Camera.... I believe you can get way better shot with that one. But your just learning so they'll get better....:)

All of the above pics were taken in auto (macro) mode. I haven't taken very many pics in the other many settings. I'll get it down to a science. The awesome thing is I don't have to wait for my film to be developed to see how the pictures came out. I still have a couple dozen rolls of 35mm that needs to be developed. It just costs too much.

pics look good... probably the next setting to play with is White Balance; I don't think the D60 will compensate enough in Auto for saltwater-type lights. Daylight balance might work best. That's the best part about digital though; trial and error is a heck of a lot cheaper than film!

pics look good... probably the next setting to play with is White Balance; I don't think the D60 will compensate enough in Auto for saltwater-type lights. Daylight balance might work best. That's the best part about digital though; trial and error is a heck of a lot cheaper than film!

I've been monkeying with the white ballance. There are so many preset options and then you can adjust those as well as taking a pic of something white in the lighting that it will take me some time to get it exactly right. I believe all the above pics were taken in the "daylight" setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom