Ziggy's 40B Rebuild 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zoas are the only think I keep on frag plugs. They're easier to maintain.

That is usually the only thing I will leave on a disk. Most of the time I will use my tile pliers and cut the disk down as much as possible before epoxying it to a rock. But you are right they are sometimes difficult to remove from a plug or disk unless they are on a piece of rubble that is glued to the plug.

I am pleased to report that after installing the ball valve on the return line and adjusting the flow I am seeing much better skimming and already a reduction in the bit of GHA I had on the rocks. I think the slower flow through the sump/fuge has allowed the macro to eat up all the nutrients. I will test the water tomorrow to see if my theory is correct but I can already tell a difference in water clarity and the amount of algae.

Finger slice may have been the sacrifice needed to the reef gods!

I am pleased to report that after installing the ball valve on the return line and adjusting the flow I am seeing much better skimming and already a reduction in the bit of GHA I had on the rocks. I think the slower flow through the sump/fuge has allowed the macro to eat up all the nutrients. I will test the water tomorrow to see if my theory is correct but I can already tell a difference in water clarity and the amount of algae.

Finger slice may have been the sacrifice needed to the reef gods!

Very nice!

Nice looking tank Ziggy. Can't wait to see what you put in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks!

Hopefully I will be adding corals this weekend. If all goes well I will be making a trip up to That Fish Place in PA tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks!

Hopefully I will be adding corals this weekend. If all goes well I will be making a trip up to That Fish Place in PA tomorrow afternoon.

It's always exciting to get new corals to put in your tank. Looking forward to seeing what you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I was good. There were a lot more I wanted to buy but I'm not going to go crazy just yet.

They had a GORGEOUS Hawkins that I was sooooo tempted to get.

Corals are in the tank. They literally just went in the tank when I took these pics. I'm going to keep them on the sand bed for a few days before putting them on the rock. Since these are ORA corals on the black rubber plugs and they are heavily encrusted I will have no choice but to use the plugs.

Gold star for you!

The other is an purple/orange Galaxea

Very cool! I really cant wait to see that purple and orange galaxea! Don't think I've ever seen that coloration in one. For a while I was thinking I may be one of the only people on this forum with a galaxea. I wonder why they aren't more common in peoples tanks. Maybe because of the powerful sweepers that they harness! It doest provide ALOT of movement to my tank. Here's mine that I've had forever, I love it.

7Ztr6ZD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom