Ziggy's 40B Rebuild 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Day 2 post algae scrub...the tank is looking pretty good. Everything looks pretty happy and the params are in much better shape!

My snails should be here tomorrow or Wednesday. I figure I have it under control enough that the snails will be able to finish off the rest. I hope so!

That's great. The tank looks to be shaping up and it looks good. That's a lot of snails though! LOL

That's great. The tank looks to be shaping up and it looks good. That's a lot of snails though! LOL

It's the cleaner pack for a 40 Breeder. From everything that I have heard they are very small when you get them so it wont be like getting them from the LFS.

I have a sump and fuge they can go in as well. Besides. I wont have to buy snails for a while.

It's the cleaner pack for a 40 Breeder. From everything that I have heard they are very small when you get them so it wont be like getting them from the LFS.

I have a sump and fuge they can go in as well. Besides. I wont have to buy snails for a while.

Sounds good

Holy cow!

Got the snail in today. That is a lot of snails and I've never seen a Nassarius so small before. I can't complain because after the acclimation and dropping them in I saw movement almost immediately. I don't think any of them died on the trip up.

Now they need to get there little butts to work, I have corals to buy!!!

Sweet so you'd say it was a very successful order?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Haha, I should of mentioned that john can't count :p I'm pretty sure he just goes by the handful :D

Sweet so you'd say it was a very successful order?

I am very happy with the order. The Florida ceriths are still dormant but everything else is moving around and getting right to work.

So the snails and the PWCs are doing the trick. Marked improvement in how the tank looks.

Yesterday I put a ball valve on my return line, when I set the tank back up I shortened the line and as a result I'm getting more flow than I need/want. The ball valve allows me to regulate the flow into the DT. I sliced the crap out of my finger cutting the line and am enjoying that.

I'm making a trip out to That Pet Place in PA next Saturday, Ive decided its time to pick up some corals!

My finger all swollen up. Superglue is awesome!

So the snails and the PWCs are doing the trick. Marked improvement in how the tank looks.

Yesterday I put a ball valve on my return line, when I set the tank back up I shortened the line and as a result I'm getting more flow than I need/want. The ball valve allows me to regulate the flow into the DT. I sliced the crap out of my finger cutting the line and am enjoying that.

I'm making a trip out to That Pet Place in PA next Saturday, Ive decided its time to pick up some corals!

My finger all swollen up. Superglue is awesome!

Ouch! Sorry bout the hand man, but Im excited to see what you pick up! CORAL TIME! :dance:

Thanks Paul! The finger will survive, hurts like crap but oh well.

I'm excited to get this tank going again for real. I'm kinda tired of just looking at rock.

Uh oh coral time??? :popcorn:

You know it! I have been looking on their site to see what they have available. I'm looking forward to the trip up next weekend. I'm going to take my camera with me and take a few pics.

What are you thinking?

They have a pretty nice selection of ORA corals available. I'm not sure what I will come home with at this point. It will all depend on what they have and what I see there. I would like to pick up a few Zoas also.

What ever I end up with I'll be sure to take pics. I have to pick up some epoxy and superglue as well. I do not like frag plugs so what ever I get will most likely be remounted on rubble or directly on the rock.

I'm the same way, I have 0 frag plugs in my tank. Can't wait to see what you pick up.

Back
Top Bottom