Ziggy's Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW!!! I have set aside so much stuff for my system it's not even funny. I have a lot of work to do tomorrow though. I did not bring anything home today.

I have RR 125 stand hood and all to get cleaned up and a 220 RR stand hood to get ready as well. Need a tank??

WOW!!! I have set aside so much stuff for my system it's not even funny. I have a lot of work to do tomorrow though. I did not bring anything home today.

I have RR 125 stand hood and all to get cleaned up and a 220 RR stand hood to get ready as well. Need a tank??

I'm looking forward to the build pics too. What size tank did you decide to go with? Probably can't fit your son into this one though, for more reasons than one.

Because of space available in my apartment and the fact that it is an apartment I have decided to go with the 50g corner tank. I could have gotten a 60g cube but the size of the tank would have forced me to put it in the office. I would have had to remove some stuff and build a stand. The 50g corner is ready to go all I have to do is load it in the van today. I don't mind the shape and having looked at it I will be able to light it with my LEDs and supplement with T5s.

Zack wont fit in this tank that's for sure, he's gotten much bigger since the 120 went up.

Ok, so I got the tank home. I haven't managed to get it cleaned up yet but it is here. I want to clean the stand up a bit and hit it with some paint on the inside. I have to swap out the drain line bulkhead and clean the lockline return. This tank was used for about 3 months and then taken down so it's pretty much brand new. I have to draw up something for the hood and figure out how I want to build it. Pics to come. I have to run to lowes and pick up a couple things so I can get my RO/DI hooked up and start making water.

Time for Ziggy to get wet!!

Pics coming this evening.

*****Update*****

I have my RO/DI unit hooked up under the kitchen sink and it is flushing out. I got the tank in it's corner and have it sitting on the stand. It's not fully cleaned out so don't say a word about the bits inside. The stand has had a coat of paint shot on the inside and is looking good.

Here are the pics I know you want to see:

105ce.jpg

109lb.jpg

108m.jpg

As you can see it is a Reef Ready tank. I plan to have a smallish sump and a fuge. You know I can't have a tank without a fuge on it so I will figure a way to incorporate that with the system. I have to clean it out and replace the bulkheads and get a pump in the house along with a sump to run some water through it. Probably will snag one of my 10g tanks to do that for now.

Anywhoo things are starting to come together.

Starting to get exciting now. Nice. Where are you going to fit a fuge in there.... my motto, skip the hassle of a fuge and get a really nice big skimmer in that sump instead.

I'm probably going to go without a skimmer at all on this system. Gonna try something new this time around. I want a fuge and it may be an external sitting next to the main DT on the floor. I haven't plan that much out just yet. Time will tell how I work things out.

I'm probably going to go without a skimmer at all on this system. Gonna try something new this time around. I want a fuge and it may be an external sitting next to the main DT on the floor. I haven't plan that much out just yet. Time will tell how I work things out.

Im sure either way, it is going to look great!

Unfortunately, with the stands for those corner tanks, you don't really have room for all the "necessary" chambers/equipment in a sump and make it large enough to support that tank. It always proves to be interesting to see how someone sets those up. Good luck!

Unfortunately, with the stands for those corner tanks, you don't really have room for all the "necessary" chambers/equipment in a sump and make it large enough to support that tank. It always proves to be interesting to see how someone sets those up. Good luck!

It is a small space but I'm not going to be doing things the "normal" way. I want to try a few different methods with this setup and see how they go. I can fit a lot of stuff in a small space and maximize filtration.

It is a small space but I'm not going to be doing things the "normal" way. I want to try a few different methods with this setup and see how they go. I can fit a lot of stuff in a small space and maximize filtration.

Yeah I'm sure you'll be able to be creative and come up with something cool. :)

I'm confused. The tank got there yesterday, and there's no water in it yet?

I was wondering the same thing. I was like hum you can't have fish and coral with out water. what is he up to?

Back
Top Bottom